Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone on cd8 & starting SEP?

Replies

• Hi Hilary - Saul has been a joy today, he slept for an hour and a half at lunchtime and is just starting to look tired now...

I have some bad news, my friend text me this morning to tell me that Zach has a 90% chance of having Downs Syndrome... I haven't stopped crying all day... He had bloods taken yesterday and they have to wait until Friday to get the results... How sad is that??? They waited 3 years to get pregnant (IUI) and now this happens... Life sucks sometimes doesn't it??? Makes you grateful for healthy babies...

I've never heard of ov bleeding, well a good sign then, best get bding!!!

Speak soon...

Sara x
  • Sorry I havent had a chance to reply til now. Everytime I sat down to reply either Amy or Zara kicked off. Amy has given up her dummy for naps & night time so thats it gone completely but I've had a rough few days trying to settle her for her daytime nap.

How did Zachs results come out? & how does your friend feel about everything? I'm sure it was a lot for her to take in after going through the whole labour & birth. I know a girl who had a baby last year & she turned out to have downs syndrome. It was a shock for her parents to take in at first but she is the most adorable wee girl & is doing soo well in every way

I havent stopped thinking about your friend since I read this & have felt bad for not replying to you sooner. It really puts things in perspective for you doesnt it

Take care

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - My friend phoned me last night, its been confirmed that he has got Downs!!! She is gutted, but told me she doesn't want any sympathy!!! They are going home today, so she is going to let me know when I can visit... I'm not sure what to say when I go to see them... I will feel so guilty taking Saul with me!!! Actually she lives down the road from my parents, so I may leave Saul with them for an hour!!!

They won't know how severe it will be until he's older... Luckily they are an extremely well off couple, so money won't be a problem, so he will get all the best treatment and equipment available...

Good news about Amy giving up her dummy... Was it her choice or did you have something to do with it??? I'm going to let Saul decide when he wants to give his up (unless he still wants it when he's 3!!!) ha ha ha...

I see a few more people have their BFP this weekend... I can test on Thursday (not testing early this month), though I know we didn't make a baby this month... You just know don't you??? So no pressure on you, but you have to get yours this month!!! How's it going with the bding??? Are you doing SEP??? Did you get any ov sticks???

I will keep you updated on Zachs progress and let you know what he's like when I meet him...

Take care...

Sara x
  • It must have been such a shock for them but hopefullythey will find Zach a rewarding wee boy regardless. I know before me & Mark starting ttc Amy we had a discussion over what we would do if we ever found out a baby I was carrying was at risk o Downs or similar & I always said it wouldnt matter to me that I would have the baby regardless & when I see the girl I know whose daughter has downs it just confirms to me that it would be the right decision for me to have the baby regardless if we were ever in that situation.

I'm not following the SEP this month & I havent got ovulation sticks. I'll probably regret that but I thought they were too expensive & I've adopted the attitude if your going to get pg you'll get pg coz you read of soo mant people who have pinpointed their ov & bd at the right time & still dont get a BFP. I do feel as if ov pains are starting to build up so I'm just going to make sure I do plenty bding over the next few days & when the pains go away stop & wait. I spoke to my Dr about the bleeding & he thinks it was down to the penicilin I was taking coz I've finished it now & the bleeding has stopped. He asked me about cycle lengths & I said the last one was 35 days & he said if they dont regulate themselves over the next few months I could certainly take the clomid again so I feel a bit more relaxed about everything now & tbh I havent really had time to think about ttc which is maybe not a bad thing either.

My intentions had been for Amy to give up her dummy at xmas & leave it out for Santa but I just thought it was too soon after Zara for such a big change so I put it off til now. She loves fairies so I told her that the fairy babies needed dummies & if she left her dummies out for the fairies they would leave her a special present. She ended up getting an Iggle Piggle & dummies havent been mentioned since!!!!

How are you & Saul keeping?

Hilaryx
  • Hi Hilary - Dummy Fairies, bless... Funny what you make up isn't it???

We are both keeping ok thank you, though i'm feeling down today because af arrived 4 days early, so I didn't get to POAS again this month... Back to square one again...

I wish I could find something to take my mind of ttc!!! Its all I think about day and night...

I hope you are all ok and I will speak soon... My boy is having a moan!!!

Sara x
  • Oh hun I'm sorry to hear af arrived & youre feeling down. I'm on cd18 at the minute & we have decided just to do the everyother night thing this month til cd23 or 25 if we have the energy & then stop & wait. I just decided that it'll happen when it happens but Marks the one getting more excited now!!! you cant win, can you!!!

I've decided that if my afs dont settle by the time Zaras 6 months I'm going to talk to my Gp about going on the clomid for one last time & see what she says.

I havent been on the ttc forum as much lately other than to reply to this thread though I still have a glance to see who has got their BFP's & I think that it has helped me relax a bit more about ttc & concentrating on Amy & Zara is helping take my mind off things (so much so we nearly forgot to start bding this month!!!!!)

Hows everyone your end? Has Saul been sleeping ok lately?

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - For the last week or so, Saul's been sleeping much better (still waking, but only once or twice)... He slept through on Sunday night, but was up 6 times last night again!!! I've just got back from the doctors with him, he has had a cough for the last 3 weeks or so and he can't seem to shift it... His chest is clear, so I have to continue with the pillows under his mattress and a bowl of water in his room at night...

I can't believe you nearly forgot to do any bding!!! Shocking behaviour!!! ha ha ha... Good news that Mark is more excited than you, maybe he could have a word with Shaun!!!

We had a viewing on our house this morning, so I have my fingers crossed as they seemed to like it...

I wish I could take a break from this site, but I can't... Its a disease!!! I have to come and look every day!!! I think i've added it to my list of OCD things I have to do each day!!! image

Take care and speak soon...

Sara x
  • Oh I'm soo glad to hear someone else has a list of OCD things. My friends keep me ging coz I have a thing about my kids & germs & I tend to open doors with my elbows when we are out & about!!!! oh & they dont know this but I keep that antibacterial liquid stuff for your hands in my bags & regularly do me & Amys hands with it (Zaras will get done too when she starts reaching out & touching things!!!) BE is soo addictive though isnt it?

Sounds promising about the viewing on your house this morning, hopefully you will get an offer. & great news about saul sleeping too, I'm sure last night was just a wee slip up!!!!

Can I ask why you put a bowl of water in his room??
  • Hi Hilary - The doctor said that by putting a bowl of water in his room, it will keep the air moist... He also said to boil the kettle in the room just before putting him to bed!!!

You have OCD too - How exciting, my friends think i'm weird as I too open doors with my elbows!!! Don't even get me started on public toilets and changing rooms!!! The hand foam is great at killing those pesky germs!!!

We haven't heard anything about the couple that viewed yesterday apart from they have switched their mobile off so the estate agent can't get hold of them... Not a good sign!!!

I've been to town today, window shopping... Its not nice having no money!!!

Oh I returned hom to find a letter from my work saying that I can't go back to work part-time so they want me to hand in my notice... I'm going to phone my area manager and see if it would be possible for them to make me redundant... That way I can claim on my insurance and half our mortgage payments are covered for a year... That would be a great help...

Hope you are all ok...

Sara x
  • Public toilets!!!!! Yuck!!!! Only in desperation!!!!!

I know the feeling we tend to window shop regularly!!!

That would be great if they would make you redundant & it covered half your mortgage payments. Hopefully you'll hear something about your house yet!!!

Is Shaun ok again with you ttc???
  • Yes, thank god, he seems on board this month... I think its because we had a heart to heart and he knows how much this means to me...

I've finally said yes to him starting his own business, so thats keeping him happy too!!! Give and take!!!

I haven't told him about the letter from work though, i'm going to wait to see what by boss says first... I will mention it after ovulation this month... I've learned from my mistake last month... ha ha ha...

Saul went to sleep at 7pm tonight (yey) so I get to relax for a few hours... His cough isn't any better, so i'm expecting yet another disturbed night... I think he'd sleep through if it didn't keep waking him up!!!

Sara
  • Poor wee Saul. My 2 arent coughing too much but they are still snuffling & have runny noses (yuck!!) Hopefully they'll all get rid of their coughs & colds soon

Thats good news about Shaun starting his own business. I hope it all works out for him. What is he planning to do?

I dont blame you for saying nothing about your work letter this month. I would probably tyr to do the same but I'm not very good at keeping secrets from Mark so I would probably have him told within 10 minutes of it arriving!!!

What are you & Saul up to today?

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - Saul and I finally met Zach today, bless him, there is no mistaking his Downs... He is having his hearing test this afternoon so I am waiting to hear from her...

After thinking that Saul was going to have a bad night, he surprised me by sleeping until 7am!!! Yey... Well done Saul...

We are planning on opening a Subway franchise, you know the sandwich shop? They are originally from the States and are very popular... We have put in the application and are now waiting to hear from them... If we don't get accepted then we have other ideas in the pipeline...

Sorry to hear that Amy & Zara have the snuffles too, its never ending isn't it?

I saw that you are testing on April 8th - funny, we have nearly caught up with one another again, i'm testing on April 10th... I hope we both get our BFP's, then we can move to the Dec '08 forum together... I have worked out that if it works this month, I will be due on December 18th!!!

Hope you have had a nice day... Do you have anything nice planned for the Bank Holiday weekend?

Sara
  • That would be nice coz you'd be due on my birthday!!! I would love a BFP his month but dont want to get my hopes up. I've noticed lots of cm today so hopefully I might be ov. I cant believe our cycles have almost caught up again. Its soo frustrating having such a long cycle & it usually means that when af eventually does arrive its really heavy & painful!!!

Thats great that you met little Zach. How is he doing? & hows are his parents now everything has had a chance to sink in?

My sister worked in a couple of Subway shops when she was at uni. I have to admit that I hate cheese & find the smell of cheese in them a bit overpowering but they are lovely. Good luck with it & I hope it works out for both of you

Great news about Saul sleeping through for you. I'm sure you really appreciate it

We have no plans for the bank holiday. Amy is going to an easter egg hunt at one of her friends houses tomorrow morning & Mark is off work all next week so if we get a good day we'll probably take them over to the open farm or something. Nothing too expensive though!!!

What about you? Have you any plans?

Hilary x
  • Hi Hilary - Zach is doing ok, though his hearing test came back inconclusive... Looks like he is deaf in one ear... At least its just the one eh? His mum seems ok, coping well, though they are looking at nurseries already and he's only 10 days old!!! I haven't seen his dad yet, so I can only go on what she says...

Saul slept through again last night, I have high hopes now... I really hope he continues... Makes it easer...

My af is really heavy this month, since i've been off the pill, its only lasted 2 or 3 days and has been really light... This month she is still here and i'm on CD5!!! What does this mean do you think?

We helped my sister move furniture today, tomorrow we are planning to go Horse Racing, the last time we went was my due date (Shaun was trying to keep me occupied as I was really down)... Hope the weather is dry...

Hope Amy has fun at her Easter Egg hunt....

Sara x
  • Your right, at least its only in one ear. Thats surely good news.

Sauls doing well then. Fingers crossed it continues for you

I wonder is the fact that your af has got heavy this month mean that maybe the effects of th pill are wearing out of your system. If thats the case then thats a good thing, though its not nice when af is still here after day 5!!!!!

Have a lovely day at the horseracing tomorrow & hope you win lots of money!!!!

Hilary x
  • Thanks Hilary - Thats what I was wondering... Good news then, maybe this is our month... God I hope so...

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow...

Sara x
  • Oh do. Fingers crossed you win a fortune!!!!hehehe

xx
  • Hiya - Have you had a good day???

Well, Shaun won 2 out of his 5 races, which wasn't too bad... I only bet on 1 horse and he decided to give up have way round the course - just stopped running!!! Just my luck... So we came home ??80 out of pocket!!! Doh!!!!

Not looking forward to tomorrow, have to deliver an Egg to my nephew, then go to see my mum (she is religious, so always see her on Easter Sunday), then on to see Shaun's mum!!! Dreading it, we always seem to be rushing to see relatives at the weekend... Never get time to ourselves!!!

We will be starting the bding fun on Monday night and i'll start testing for ovulation then too... Can't wait this month...

Sara x
  • Did you have a good time at the races? other than being ??80 out of pocket (I would have cried!!)

Hope oyu had a nice Easter & managed to get a bit of time to yourselves between all the rushing about!!!

You sound really positive about this month!!! Fingers crossed for a BFP for you this month

Hilary x