Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Positive thinking forum?

2»

Replies

• Hi lilypingu (and everyone else!)
    Hope you don't mind me sharing my experience with you.
    I was ttc for a long time. Sometimes it felt like forever. I didn't have regular periods which made things even worse for me because I thought I would never be able to have a baby. We went through all kinds of tests etc and the more we went through the more stressed out I became.
    Even though I knew that thinking about it ALL THE TIME wasn't doing me any favours, I didn't think it was doing me that much damage.
    About a year ago I slowly started changing things in my life that I DID have control over. I joined Slimming World and lost nearly 3 stone, I gave up smoking and drinking and generally started looking after myself, I started putting my finances in order and making a 5 year plan for the future that didn't necessarily include having a family. (Kind of worse case scenario in case it didn't happen. I thought about what else I wanted out of life.)
    Finally I decided to have a complete career change and left a very stressful and depressing job to do something that I find really fulfilling and exciting - ie something for me instead of just working to pay the bills each month.
    With the new job starting we agreed to wait 18 months to start the fertility treatment so I could throw myself into my career - which is exactly what I did with some really intensive training. It completely took my mind off everything and then.......... not 8 weeks after starting training I discovered I was pregnant!
    I am now about 12-14 weeks (still awaiting 1st scan date) but my whole point is that sometimes it's more about not thinking about it at all that does the trick. I tried oooodles of positive thinking but (and perhaps this is just me) I found it to be a double edged sword when I couldn't get pregnant because I'd wonder what was wrong with me.... and then panic!
    So the situation now is that I didn't have long to enjoy my weight loss, my 5 year plan is in tatters and in 6 months I have to take a break from my
    new job.
    I couldn't be happier!!!

I wish all of you trying to conceive all my very best wishes - I am thinking of you!
    Take care
    Trace
    xx
  • hi trackieanne i am in slimming world have lost 5 stone have just give up smoking and only drink maybe 1 time a month so i hope i will soon be like you and be pregnant made up for you lots of love anita x x x
  • Hi Trackieann,congratulations,you must be over the moon.Its lovely to hear about nice experiences.Best of luck for the future xx
  • Hi lilypingu and all other contibutors to this post. What lovely stories and positive vibes!!!! As some of you already know, i am 45 and had given up the chance of giving my partner a child (he is 40 and hasnt any children, i have a son of 10). i fell pg in September last year and was so excited but then lost the baby in October and was totally heartbroken. Afs didnt return until January and have negative ov sticks ever since. However, Friday night, using clearblue digital ov sticks, i got a smiley face and was so excited that i am still ovulating after all!!!! I wanted to be pg before i was 46 and it is my birthday next Saturday so i may just get my wish! I wont know of course but am going to have a great weekendimage I feel more positive now than since the mc so best of luck to everyone and keep smiling as it is a scientific fact that when you smile, your body reacts favourably to it image love and kisses to all, bluebird xxxx
  • Hi everyone- Bluebird you sound soo positive, its great news that you got a smiley face so I wish you all the best for ttc and have a great b'day too! Trackieann, congratulations on your pregnancy, I really agree with what you have said. Unfortunately I have made all the lifestyle changes I can- I don't smoke, I don't need to loose weight but I have given up the stress and pressure I have been feeling. I have a job interview on Weds so i am hoping it will go my way. A change of venue will do me the world of good! I am feeling positive and DH and I have tried really hard this month- i think I could have been getting it a little wrong- and trying to get the ov day (should have been trying several days before). Have used my diary to help pin point some key times but am certainly not feeling the desperation or stress that I felt last month. if it doesn't happen this month then its ok- We'll keep going, it'll happen eventually. Also, I can finally say now that I am over my m/c now and feel back to myself- Yay!!!
  • well i agree on the positive thoughts. We have just been doing out our new house and it now looks fab. Just waiting on new carpets to come next week. Also lovely because we painted the spare room with a lovely butternilk colour ready for the new carpet to come. but it was so nice to think that soon(hopefully) it will be our baby's room!!! already got pbig ideas on what to do with it!!! The sun is shining too and the chnage of clocks means lighter nights. All in all feeling really positve. I am a treacher and wee are on holiday soon for 2 weeks, cant wait!!!! Think i am ov somewhere between today and next friday!!!! So my poor hubby is being " forced" into nightly nookie!! think he is rather enjoying this whole ttc!!!!! Good luck all, lets hope for some xmas baby's. xxxx
  • Hi jellybaby, I'm a teacher soon and can't wait for my holiday! By the end of the holiday I may have an idea whether DH and I will have been lucky this month and conceived. We've been properly trying since November- had a miscarriage in September, so am hoping that sometime soon we will get lucky. House sounds good, esp the spare room- good colour choice! I also know what you mean about the weather and sunlight- it was light until 7:00pm tonight-Fab!! On the downside- it means that tomorrow I will be getting up in the dark- at 5:30am (6:30am- real time) image
  • Hi lilypingu

I know what you mean about dark mornings. Was not easy to get up this morning!!!! Never mind though, we got out into our garden tonight which was great. I should be in the know by end of holidays too. Af would be due in the middle of week 2! I am currently trying to track OV and have narrowed it down to a week( this week!) so poor hubby is being forced into each night just in case!! However we would be so chuffed if it worked. Been trying since December and keep thinking this must be my month! Sorry to hear about your m/c but maybe we will both get lucky. What do you teach? I teach 9 and 10 year olds in a P5 class this year which is greta but tiring!!!!

Good luck to you and keep the positives coming!!!!

jellybaby xxxxxxximage
  • Hi jellybaby- I teach 7 & 8 year olds who just want to know everything and who are sooo enthusiastic too! Got a positive on the ov stick today so very excited- it could be my first proper one since we began trying in August. DH and I have now had enough and have had one last shot today- I know most people will be thinking " But what about the next two days?"- well I think I will leave it to chance. We have been trying very hard for the past week and have now reached our limit- esp. DH! So fingers crossed for two weeks time image
  • Lilypingu I am so excited for you!! its a start isnt it!! And lets face it you cant force yourself into it! there still should be some fun left. My poor hubby may run out of steam too, and i think the next 2 days are my ov days too according to my last cycle.!!! Fingers and toes crossed for us both. I think after Wed i may let my poor hubby off the hook till we see what happens. Lets think positive and look forward to a relaxing holiday, followed by some good results!!!

jellybaby xxxxx