Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confused!?!

Has anyone else found that their 'fertility' signs change each month? Every month I am pretty good at recognising when I am most fertile, but this month everything seems to have gone out the window and I haven't a clue where I am. The usual 'clear and slippery' signs have been in short supply. Have tried the ovulation sticks but can't seem to get a proper response. Have had very, very faint positive on the ovulation sticks earlier in the week but my body signs did not match. I just have no idea what is going on! :\(I just wonedered if anyone else had varying signs each month?:\?

Replies

• sorry hun, i am no good at this stuff, even though we are trying I don't follow the ov signs of tests, so couldn't tell you what my body does from one month to the next. If i don't get a bfp this month i will be following all this though!
  • Hi Lilypingu

Once I found out about the signs to look for I then noticed I only had clear and slipper signs for one day so just look every day first thing in the morning and if you see then its back to bed it worked for me the first month of doing that after a year of TTC.
  • Cheers for the response kittybitty- ttc is so hard. I have been trying for the past three months following a m/c back in september. I want to be relaxed about it but every month I find myself becoming het up and anxious about trying to get the 'right time'. Every month feels like a failure and I feel that we'll never get it right. I just can't ever see myself getting pregnant. The longer ttc goes on, the more anxious I seem to become- getting upset each month when af arrives or I think that DH and I have missed the 'right time'. Having a m/c made it worse- once you've had one bite of the cherry, you'll do anything to get back what you have lost.
    Anyone else feel this? or have any tips on how to stay sane? I so want to get pregnant and it just isn't happening (not suprised really!)
  • Bristol- thats what has confused me- sometimes I have more that one day with clear and slippery cm, but this month its been one day here, one day there etc. Its also hard to know exactly what you're seeing when you ml regularly! Its good to know that others have had just had one day. I have been tracking my cm for some time and mostly have more that one day of clear cm- but not this month! Its like living on a knife edge trying to interpret the signs and then fit in going back to bed with work and every thing else that goes on in our lives! Especially if DH is too tired! I have thought recently that maybe it just isn't worth all of this- but I just can't give up now.
  • No don't give up I know it's difficult. The morning I noticed it I went back to bed and my OH was asleep and not up for it but I just used him sounds awful but that was the day I conceived and we laugh about it now as he says to friends it was nothing to do with me I was asleep! I was an hour late for work too but hey it was worth it.
  • hey lilypingu,i dont ovulate every month,but when i do,i get that slippery discharge for 3days.i know what u mean about fitting it in2 ur busy life,im having that problem 2! not always easy 2 do it,when ive got a toddler running about,and my o/h works nights!!! But chin up chick,we will get there.i know its difficult,but dont give up.it will be worth it.Gayle xx
  • Hi gang. Well i am just as confused as anybody else!!! The month after mc i had the wet & slippery around what would have been midcycle and then no af came for another two months or so after that. Last month ov sticks proved neg from day 7 to day 21 with no cm and then this month, got the cm, thick plug type first (sorry if tmi!!!) and then cm for a day or so but this was around day 18 or 19 and the ov sticks were still def neg. i did miss testing on one day but was about a week before the cm. Now my body is telling me that af is en route and i had the migraine attack to go with it! How can the cm be there and yet the ov sticks show def negative? i give up!!!!!! love and kisses, bluebird xxxx
  • Hi Bluebird

Blimey you must have a headache trying to work it all out with your body saying one thing and sticks another. I definitely think you should have sex on the days you have the slipper discharge regardless what the sticks say. Don't you give up I booked a snowboarding holiday as fed up with TTC then had sex only on the day of the slippery discharge and now my OH is going on holiday without me as I'm 15 weeks charming aye!