Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

should I test early?

Hello Everyone, really feel pregnant this time, feeling sick and v. v. sore breasts. Should I test early (3 days) or should I wait? I'm desperate to know, but if it's a negative I will be devastated. It's such a nightmare with the tests in the house, I just want to test from day 25 onwards. Any advice please. Good luck to all those that have recently conceived. xx

Replies

• hi marie i would test as i would be so inpatient then at least you know keep us informed xxx:\):\)
  • Marie I would wait NOT!!!!! TEST,TEST,TEST,TEST,TEST!!!!!Let us know soon
  • I tested early- 2 days before I was due on. I felt different too, but this being our first, I had no idea what I was feeling. I was so so tired, and someone at work said "are you...?", and advised me re early PTs. So I did one, and up came 2 big fat pink lines. I was so shocked-really didn't expect it to be positive. And then, I had to wait 1.5hrs for hubby to get home...! So YES YES YES TEST!!!! Good luck x x x
  • Hello All, thanks for your replies, I think I will tomorrow morning as HCG levels will be at highest. I have been trying for 18 months now and have had quite a few negative results, it's so annoying the tricks our mind can play with our bodies. Good luck to everyone else, I'll let you know. x
  • Sweetie, what test do you have? The First Response one is very sensitive, and you can do it anytime. I did 7 tests in total, the first at 3pm, the second at 5pm (the same day), third early am, and fourth pm. The second and third were negative, but the first and fourth were positive! I don't know bout you, but I have to wee in the night, so I didn't pee enough for the early morning one... Think you should do one now... Just to put your mind at rest, and if it is negative, that doesn't necessarily mean you aren't pregnant... x
  • I've tested and it was negative, it was a Clearblue (normal, not digital). I'm gutted, still maybe early. Never mind, wish I hadn't tested.
  • Dont give up hope, the clearblue ones are arent as strong at detecting early pregnancy, its something like 50% as opposed to First Responses 60% + x
  • Oh babe, don't give up hope yet. It might be too early to tell. Try a First Response one on the day your period is due. If you feel pregnant then you probably are-the strongest indicator of pregnancy is that YOU feel different... I agree with FunkyRabbit-the percentage of accuracy is much higher in the First Response ones... Chin up babe x
  • no so sorry to hear that Marie and it does really knock you doesn't it but chin up like you say maybe too early still fingers crossed for you!