Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnancy Test

Hi everyone, does anyone know how long you have to wait after you have had sex before you can take a pregnancy test?
Thanks xx :\?

Replies

• think about 10- 14 days approx. im ttc and have 13 days approx to wait!!
    hope all goes well love becsx
  • Thanks Jane and Becs. We are in the early stages , thinking of starting around August. I am sure it will be one of many questions to come. lol xx
  • I read in one of the tests that I had that if you are not sure when AF is due then to wait until 19 days after the last time you had sex. It's a bloody long time and must say I didn't wait that long (no will power)!! Hope this helps xxx
  • No no no!!! You can test up to 4 days before your period is due with the First Response test, but it's more accurate the nearer your period (or late) you are! Good luck x
  • Yes but not everyone knows when their period is due, especially those of us with an irregular cycle. Therefore it is impossible to know when 4 days before period is. So yes you can test 4 days early but you'd need to have a good idea about when AF is going to arrive. I guess they say 19 days after sex so that if you are pregnant the hormones should show after that point. xxx
  • i agree shewpin, reading post test packets they do say leave 19 days after intercourse before testing. i used to have short 24 day cycles so needed to test at least 19 days after intercourse. hope this helps xx good luck xxx
  • Yep, ok, I stand corrected image... I didn't think bout what'd happen if you didn't know when you're due on! Guess I got excited cos First Response is the test that gave me a BFP 2 days before I was due on... Good luck to all you ladies TTC!! x
  • I can't believe how obsessive I have got already and it has only recently been a decision to try. From reading the other posts I think I am going to have to be a little more patient!! Aug couldn't come soon enough. I don't think I have ever been as excited about anything else.