Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Lubricants??

Hi ladies i hope you don't mind this rather personal topic?! I've just been reading that using lubricants such as KY jelly can damage or even kill sperm. I just wondered if anyone else had heard of this or knew of any 'safe' lubricants to use. We only used a tiny amount (size of a 1p coin) but it seemed to help as it was quite uncomfortable for OH. As i'm now suffering AF i'm trying to figure out how we can be more successful next month!

Replies

• Hi Sarah, I have read this somewhere that lube can kill sperm. Wherever I read it reccommended a kind that was 'safe' but I can't remember what kind or where I read it. If I do will let you know!! xxx
  • I have been looking into this a lot lately and have found something calles 'Preseed'. On other chat rooms the women rave about it saying they fell really quickly with it. I have used it and even though it is not the most romantic thing in the world it feels fine. No luckwith me yet though! Have a search on the internet...
  • Hi Sarah
    This is issue seems to conflict on the Internet search that I found. But people seem to rave about Pre seed lubricant though I have to say it doesn't sound the most romantic product in the world!:lol:
    However I have found an offer on a website that sells ovulation kits I was thinking about getting some of it to take with us to try on our Honeymoon anything that increases the changes of conceiving I will think about trying within in reason:roll:.
    Not sure if this will work but this is the web page I have found.

http://www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk/acatalog/Pre-Seed_Sperm_freindly_lube.html

Good luck with trying

Jilly
  • Thanks for your replies ladies! Think i will give preseed a go. Fingers crossed for a bit of luck this month. xx