Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OMG - OV kits...

hi girlies - hope you don't mind but bit of a rant really -

i've had lots of ewcm for the last 2 days and a little bit on Thursday so i've done some tests because didn't want to miss the surge when i'm doing so well and feeling real good about all this -

the tests were

OV test day 1. CBD - stupid empty circle (but did think this was a bit too early as FF predicted OV on 31st and only just got ewcm too)
OV test day 2. cheapy suresign test from asda - showed it to OH and said (not knowing the difference between teh control and test lines LOL) that the test line was darker - yay I thought!
OV test day 3. CBD - got the -ve again and was so sad so didn't even bother with the cheapy ones.

now today (OV test day 4) I decided to be clever and do a douple POAS but the CBD still has a crappy empty circle yet the cheapy one is definitely darker than the control line - and ehats worse (or better - can't work it out yet) is that the test line on the cheapy one is darker today than the other day?!?!?!

What's going on girlies?

Replies

• Mate haven't got a clue sorry! Don't use them, my answer to everything is bd anyway just in case!!!
  • I like your style socks x

• Do the two types of test have different detection limits? I think some of the ebay ones say they detect at 10mIU, but are the CBD ones the same? Might be 15 or 25? I can't seem to find their detection limit by googling, but maybe it's mentioned in the leaflet that comes in the box.

Anyway, that could be an explanation for why the ebay ones are picking up LH but the CBD ones aren't.
  • hey astraad -

this is the thing - the cheapy ones aren't ebay ones - they were ??8.99 from asda - they're called suresign.

Thanx for that - i'm off to read the leaflets x
  • hee hee! Thats the spirit socks!

Princess, not got any advice sorry. I only used ov sticks last mth out of curiosity (Boots own) and was plesantly shocked when i actually got a pos. As for the cheapy ones - no idea how reliable they are. Go with socks' advice!
  • Haha, oh yeah you did say Asda, oops! Could still apply though if they have different detection limits.
  • Hey ladies,

can anyone help?

I went for another double POAS and yet again the CBD is -ve and the cheaper suresign one is +ve. & the test line was darker still.

Can this be right - the test line has been darker 3 times now - is this even possible?

oh - and CBD is 50mIU.

• have u done 3 in a row? or 3 over a few days.....x?
  • Hi newlook,

have a look at the start of my thread - this jsut follows on.

It's separate days.

• maybe do another tomorrow hun, a + on ov sticks for more than a couple of days could be a bfp! xx
  • I wouldn't get too excited - we're not ttc until December!

I'm just trying to figure cycles out by then x
  • Hey Ladies -

I'm sorry to ask again but i'm real sad now and thank goodness we're not trying yet because PMA is @ '0'.

I've done another CBD OV test and got -ve again

So this is how my tests have gone so far:

OV test day 1. CBD - stupid empty circle (but did think this was a bit too early as FF predicted OV on 31st and only just got ewcm too)
    OV test day 2. cheapy suresign test from asda - showed it to OH and said (not knowing the difference between teh control and test lines LOL) that the test line was darker - yay I thought!
    OV test day 3. CBD - got the -ve again and was so sad so didn't even bother with the cheapy ones.
    OV test day 4. CBD = -ve, suresign asda test +ve and darker still
    OV test day 5. CBD = -ve, suresign asda test +ve and even darker again
    OV test day 6. CBD = -ve, didn't even do suresign because I just want the CBD smiley face now!

does anyone know what's going on?

the suresign tests have 40mIU and that's what i'm getting the +ve on. The CBD's are 50mIU - do you have to get a concentration of 50mIU to actually be OV'ing?

Is it normal to be getting so many +ve's on separate days on the suresign tests that are 40mIU?