Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Slimming Vs TTC

Hiya Ladies!!

I just wanted a bit of advice really. I previously had a thread call 'aiming for a marathon cycle', which basically said that since coming off the pill at the beginning of January, having a bleed straight after and then another a couple of weeks later, i am still waiting for af to start........ this is still the case. I have done numerous pregnancy tests all negative.

At first I thought it might be just my body getting used to not being on the pill, but I'm now thinking that my weight may have something to do with this. I'm toying with the idea of using some slimming pills called 'metabo extreme' to lose some weight, in hope that this might kick start things. Even a period would be great at the moment, at least then i'll know things inside are still functioning properly. Has anyone else done this? Do you think this is a good idea?

Also, one other thing.... i'm monitoring my temperature every morning and today it went higher than it has before. When i went to the loo, i had like a jelly-like substance and i wasn't sure whether this was the mucus plug i've heard about, or some of o/h entrails that were still lurking up there! image (Sorry to be so graphic!!)

If anyone has any ideas or advice they could offer me I will be grateful to hear them!!

Heather xx

P.s. Congratulations to all those with positive results this month.

Replies

• Hi Heather, I new to all this ttc stuff but thought maybe before you take tablets you might wanna see the doc for pg test seeing as a/f still hasn't shown??? Take care and let us know how you get on. xxxxx
  • Hi Heather, i am also ttc but i have been trying for 2 years, i have started dieting and going to the gym to lose some weight as i was taking adios tablets, you know the ones you can buy from tescos, well my doctor said that slimming tablets herbal or not are no good for you esp if you are ttc. It may be different in your case but id check with doc to be sure. in terms of discharge, it sounds like it may be your plug, i have recently ov myself and have been having some pretty weird stuff there (sorry tmi) but im not sure, i test with ov sticks rather than temp, but it sounds like it to me from waht i ve read others say, Anyway, take care, and hope you have some good luck Gems x
  • Hi Candygirl & Gemski,

I'm actually going to the doctors tomorrow morning, so i'll mention it. My doctor did a test when i went 2 weeks ago which was negative, and she gave me a couple of tests to take home (bless her!) one of which i used this morning.

Can I just ask, is it just me or does anyone else keep looking at baby stuff? I've even picked out my pram etc! I think I'm making myself worse and getting obsessed!!

Heather xx
  • Ya, and when other people walk by with a pram you look at it to see if you like it??? lol image) xxx
    PS. Good luck!!!
  • I went to the doctors today and she said slimming pills in any shape or form were a big NO NO! The doctor said that if i haven't had af up to 6 months, then she would do some hormone tests. I told my sister-in-law this and she mentioned PCOS, so i've been looking at it on NHS Direct as i don't really know much about it. I'm starting to worry about this now, Is there anyone who has PCOS that can tell me a bit more about it? Heather xx
  • Hi Heather, gems again, i have pcos thas why i ve been ttc for 2 years with no sucess until dec, but m/c an jan. My doctors are useless so i dont know that much bout it myself, but if you ve any questions to ask il try to answer them for you. But until you ve been diagnosed, there really isn anything to worry about. Gems x
  • Hi girls, I don't know anything about PCOS but I do know that there have been a couple threads about it as a few other ladies here have it. They would know more. Take care, good luck!!! xxxxxxxx
  • Hi Candygirl & Gemski,

I'm actually going to the doctors tomorrow morning, so i'll mention it. My doctor did a test when i went 2 weeks ago which was negative, and she gave me a couple of tests to take home (bless her!) one of which i used this morning.

Can I just ask, is it just me or does anyone else keep looking at baby stuff? I've even picked out my pram etc! I think I'm making myself worse and getting obsessed!!

Heather xx oh my god iv even done that its sooo scary i act lyk i dunt care n ent boverd but i sooo am HELP lol:lol:
  • Hi Maliya, I think we're all that bothered!!! Have to hide it from our o/h's so they don't think their trying to have a baby with crazy ladies!!! lol xxxx
  • Hiya all
    If I can say one thing it would be please don't resort to Slimming Pills. I have always been overweight and rubbish at dieting but knew my weight was holding me back in getting pg.
    If you need to lose weight (I lost 3 stone to conceive) I'd recommend you do it healthily with food so that you are in good shape when you get pregnant.

If it helps I joined Slimming World in April and am intending to go back as soon as my morning sickness stops as it is safe to do during pregnancy and they have given me a special booklet about it all. One of the girls in my group is pg with triplets too!!!

Just personally I wouldn't want to take pills or anything of a chemical nature like that as I am not sure how good it would be for you but that is just my opinion.
    Good luck with your weight loss anyway!
    Trace
    xx
  • Hi girls - just gonna sttick my nose in again but thought this was worth a mention.
    During my year of ttc i was on slimming pills (which worked, amazingly) and although I lost loads of weight, it was only after I came off them that we conceived!
    No scientific evidence there or anything but I believe it must have been a contributing factor.

Good luck all xxxx