Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hi i am new

Hello everyone. I am new and trying for a baby, well i have been for the past 3 or 4 weeks. I have been off the pill since January but was taking precautions because i was diag with IBD although we knew we were going to start trying for a baby i knew i had to be sensible and wait till i am in remission which i am now and off all medication. I am due my monthly on Tues but i am so tired, more tired than i ever have been (and IBD causes this but its even more), i keep weeing and i feel like a shooting pain/sensation up my abdomen, today my boobs are sore but that could be because i am due on tues (couldnt it). I really and truly hope i am but dare not even think i am. Oh god i sound nuts dont i?? hubby and are would be totally over the moon. What do you think, its the shooting pain that bothers me.

Confused, happy, wishful, hoping

knpx

Replies

• Hi and welcome - i'm sort of newish - i actually joined the site in Feb, but we've only decided to start TTC properly this month cos I was on the pill and i wanted to get me proper cycle sorted. Best of luck! Please don't think i'm stupid but what does IBD stand for? xx.
  • Hi, thank you for replying, i was beginning to think nobody wanted to talk to me. IBD is Inflammatory Bowel Disease, (crohns disease or Ulcerative Colitis) I have UC. It isnt life threatening any more and is controlled by tablets (altho i have come off them to start a family as i am now in remission) I found out 2 days after i got back of honeymoon and both husband and i were devasted but after eating well and taking my med i am now at the stage of trying for a baby in remission which is how the hospital advise you to be.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you as well as myself. xx When is your monthly due next, Good fun this trying tho eh!!

knpx
  • Ohh. I've never heard it shortened to IBD before. I've heard of Crohns. I'm a nurse believe it or not (but a psychie nurse, so I only do upstairs!). Glad your healthier now and trying for a family like me! af (or monthly - they shorten it to 'af' on here meaning aunt flo) is due 15th so this weekend we're having plenty of sex as i should be ovulating, although to be honest we're not counting days in a major way otherwise i'm worried our sex life will become too 'clinical'. Do you do any of this charting/counting days?Anyway talk soon. Take care.x.
  • hiya ladies welcome to the ttc forum, im 34 and ttc no5 (madness i know) everyone on this board has been very helpful and understanding since i have been using it, look forward to hearing from you both
    love leighxxx
  • Just want to say "HELLO & WELCOME!!" I'm also new to the boards.
  • Hi Ladies. I am so pleased to hear from you and wish you all the luck in world for starting a family. Its all a bit scary at the moment because its not something you can control, it either happens or it doesnt. I know i have only been trying for a month and i did the fertility chart thingy and made sure i didnt miss a few days either side and i really felt diffent by the end of the month. Loads of symptoms (or maybe they were af symptoms) even backache on friday night which i never ever get. So stupid me couldnt wait till tuesday to see if my af arrived and i went a bought a first response test which i did yesterday and got a BFN (It did say it can tell 4 days before af due) I know its early days but i felt pretty confident so feel a bit disappointed now and am waiting for af on tuesday. Anyway there is always next month. Now i have found this site and will keep checking in to see how you are doing.

Love knpx
  • Hi knp, it's not over till af arrives!! Best of luck, will keep my fingers crossed for you xxxxx
  • Hi Candigirl. Thanx so much, Have you been trying long and is it your first. I will let you know what happens tuesday altho i do expect it now. I should never have bought the damn test and done it early as i maybe wouldnt have felt as disappointed if af arrived as normal instead of thinking "oh i have all the symptoms, surely i am". I wouldnt mind but i bought a pck of 2 so theres another one sat there.
  • Hi there,
    Welcome to the boards and good luck in your TTC.
    I am now on the 3rd month of trying for baby number 2 and am on CD10.
    Look forward to reading your posts
    Popcorn
    xxxxxxxxxx
  • hi there knp,
    welcome to ttc.
    Im in month 7 of trying, wishing you and hubby best of luck
    kelly
  • Hi Kellymyule n popcorn. Thanks for the welcome and i really wish you all the luck in the world. I must say that arranging my wedding wasnt as complicated as this. I think i am just worried that my ulcerative colitis will come back out of remission before i catch on and then i will have to put off trying again till i go back in remission, so i need to be with child NOW. lol, only kidding (Sort of) i am not that desperate yet and i know i have only been trying a month. Once it happens the dr says i should hopefullly stay in remission for the whole pregnancy because once pregnant the body makes it own steriod and thats what i need and at the moment i have come off medication. I dont even feel like my af is gonna come, due today but i have now done 2 tests that show BFN, do you think it still may be too early to test altho it said it can tell up to 4 days before period due. I tested
    last saturday and late last night . i am so confused, am never ever late.

very confused knpxxx
    take care girls.
  • Hi knp
    I know it's a pain when you keep doing tests and they come back -tive. Try not to worry about it too much and test in another couple of days. Why not try in the morning when the hormone levels are higher? I'll be keeping everything crossed for you. Let us know how you get on love. xxx