Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Signs of ov

This might be a really silly question but I have been reading a lot of your posts about signs of ov (now I know what that stands for!) but I can't detect any! Everyone talks about the change in mucus but I can't spot it! Could this mean I am not ov at all??
I would appreciate some advice from anyone who has more experience than me as I am just starting out!

Replies

• Hi there, if you're only just starting out you may not have noticed any changes, I didn't really notice until i heard about them and then started to check. The only thig so far for me is the mucus, i read that normally during the month when we are not as fertile or ovulating the mucus is thick (and if you have any discharge in your pants there would be a sort of a line there) and when you are ovulating the musus is thinner and leaves a circular mark in your pants, gross that i pay so much attention to it but you do when you ttc. this seems true for me although i hadn't realised it was due to ovulation etc until i read about it. Obviously we are all different but i wouldn't worry too much about it if you're only just starting out. I tend to make a note on my calendar of when i'm due on and the liekely week of ovulation then any changes in mucus or discharge i just pop it in there to see if it tallys up. so far we have been trying for 3 months but this month we are just maximising the sex over the entire month rather than just ovulation week which i think is the best and most fun option. don't just limit yourself to the two ovulation days however you calculate it as you wouldn't be maximising your chances. good luck anyway
  • Thanks for that! Detailsed but what I needed to know. Good luck!!