Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

tring for a baby

hi all im getting my implant out on wed morning as me and my boyfriend are wanting to try for a baby, I havnt really had proper period for over a year now and not sure what to expect, Whens a good time to try and conceive?? I also suffer from high blood pressure and a little worried i have spoken to my doctor who has said i will be monitered throughout (when i get pregnant fingers crossed.)

Replies

• Hi Hun and welcome to BE!

The basics are (ladies feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!) women tend to ovulate once a month, and during this time the egg is alive for appox 24 hours - this is the only time that you can concieve. A man's sperm can however live up to 5 days inside a woman so you do not have to BD on the actual day you ov if you have been doing a few days before.

With regards to when you ov, well most women tend to be around CD14 - mine is usually around CD18 though.

Try not to get too caught up in the whole TTc thing yet as it can drive you mad, I would just enjoy yourselves for a while and generally try to BD 2/3 times per week.

Good luck

xxx
  • Thanks, its just with not having a period for over a year am i better of waiting to get my first one so i can figure things out x
  • yeah rainbow that is correct but not everyone ov every month you ov 14 day before your AF so if you are a regular 32 days you can ov on CD 18 hope this helps you need to find your AF patten and work it out from there

http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/36/3698/369873.png