Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

PCOS

Hi me and my partner have been trying for a baby now for 2 months but due to my PCOS we are having problems. My GP prescribed me clomid and i took them for the first time 3 weeks ago, i suffered bad with mood swings, stomach cramps and sore breasts.
I read that Agnus Castus is good for bringing back a regular cycle so i have decided to try them now instead of the clomid. Im currently taking 1600mg a day as well as Chromium, zinc and pregnancy multivitamins.
Has anyone here had any success from any of these tablets?
My period is due this Friday but i don't feel any different so im not getting my hopes up to much.

Han

Replies

• hi han, i started using AC four months ago and my cycles went from 45-50 days to 28 exactly in the first month and then the same for month 2, last monht i was back to 40 days and this month im on cd19 so not sure but i have ov yet and not sure if i will.
    AC wont help you ov though hun, it does help regulate your cycles but if you have been perscribed clomid it must be because your not ov as there is not much use for it otherwise. not sure what to say but AC should help you shorten cycles but if your not ov then that isnt much good for ttc anyway. good luck hun, i would ring your gynae consultant to discuss stopping the clomid first and say your considering taking AC instead and see what he/she says. xxx
  • hey,

im pleased you have set this thread up. I was diagnosed with PCOS yesterday, quite a blow to me. I have started to take AC, as i was told it would help regulate my monthyls. Im still not sure whats going on with me as i havent seen my doctor just spoken to him over the phone. Its all a complete mystery to me which i guess makes it even more of a blow!

xx
  • Thanks for the reply's lady's. Ive had PCOS for 5 years now, one day my periods just stopped i put on loads of weight and started getting hair on my face. I'm stuck now don't know what to do. Ive been taking the AC for a week now and so far don't really feel any different. Ive had very sore full breasts and have been passing water an awful lot so im not sure if that's from the AC or Clomid. I used ovulation test strips this month but none tested positive. I know 2 months dosent really sound very long but its still very stressful and i have a lot of friends who are pregnant at the moment so i find it extra hard. Han xx
  • Hun ttc is stressful, im in the middle of my gynae appointments and should know tomarrow wither they start me on clomid or not. ive been on AC but as i said before, it does help regulate your cycles but it dosnt help you ovulate so if your not ovulating then you will still need the clomid to help you. id ring your doc or gynae to see what they say but im always here if you want a moan etc cause i know exactly how you feel with pcos and ttc. xxxxx