Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

please dont laugh

Hi everyone,

I have a little concern, since coming off mycrogynen i have noticed that my face has got a little hairier not thick black hair just soft hair. I asked my oh if he had noticed he said he hasnt but think he is just being nice.

Has anyone else experienced this? has anyone who managed to get pregnant had this?

I had my hormone levels checked when i first came off the pill as my periods were a bit irregular and tests came back fine and so have my periods.

Thanks for any comments xxxxx

Replies

• I was on Microgynon and no sorry I have not had this. x
  • No, I haven't noticed anything like that, I came off mycrogynon in September. Why not call NHS Direct, or google it? I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, just your hormones going a bit funny.
  • Hi lilyrose

I used to be on a pill which treated acne very well and I read in the instructions it also treated excessive facial hair too. At girl in my office used to suffer from from the facial hair thing too but I didn't ever discuss it with her as I didn't know her well enough. I know she was on the pill I was for a while but had a bad reaction so had to come off it.

I would go back to your GP if you're concerned. By the way, I've been off the pill for a year and at first the spots were not great but now they've calmed down (I think it's too much testosterone hormone). Perhaps the same will happen to you?

I think the girl I knew used to dye the facial hair blond which might be an option if there's no underlying problem but I'm not sure if that's OK when pregnant etc. Best bet is to see your GP.

Good luck xxx
  • i thought it was just me thats been happening with all of me i have a lot more facial hair and hair on my tummy which never used to have sorry if tmi i was on the same pill as you any idea how to reverse it heh don't like being hairy

xx
  • Hi there - I have noticed a bit more too - not loads - as have never removed hair before - but get the odd chin hair every couple of weeks or so and when on the pill this use to be every couple of months! Just as the side of my top lip I have a little but dare not remove it yet - as I feel once I start it will never stop - and it will get worse!!! It's not too bad - I have to get really close in the mirror to see it! fingers crossed it doesn't get any worse otherwise thats something else to add to my stress head list that needs sorting out...lol!!!
    M
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
  • Hey lillyrose,

I came off microgynon and i havent had any hair growth just mood swings to start.