Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice please re:BBT

Hi All,

Decided to have a go at taking my BBT this is only my 2nd day but there was quite a difference in temperature and am confused! Was 36.2 yest and 36.6 today, is that usual? Also am I right in thinking that ovulation occurs just before the temperature rise, so therefore will miss the fertile 24hrs anyway?? Am I making sense,?also my cycles vary from 24 to 28 days so is taking my temperature any use??!! Sorry for waffling.

Replies

• Hi hunny, i did this in the first few months of ttc... and mine was all over the place..(or so i thought). but it was ok to go slightly up or down. And yeah, ov is just before the rise... so when you look back and see the rise, its ovualtion

• So how do you predict the following month given that my cycles vary? Aaagh it's all so confusing!!!
  • Hiya topsyturvey, it;s best to start charting from day 1 of a cycle rather than midway, is that what you're doing? I've been charting for a few months, am on my fourth cycle now and it is quite confusing at first but after a few cycles you get used to it a bit more and you'll notice a pattern. Don't worry about temperatures pinging about a bit. Ovulation has generally occurred if you get a temp rise that is sustained (occasionally some people have a slight dip a day or two after the temp rise but it then goes up again - I don't personally have that). Happy charting! Em x

P.S. has anyone else noticed that there are a lot of us Em's on this forum!!
  • It all sounds very complicated, I might try it for next month though if af rears her ugly head.

And yes, I have noticed there are a lot of Em's on this forum. I'm an Em too lol

http://tt.lilypie.com/NhOf0/.png

• the problem with BBT is that you don't find you are fertile until after the fact.
    you need to chart quite a few cycles until you start to see a pattern.
  • I just started this month, mainly to see if I even was ovulating, and I am pretty sure I am because there was a noticable jump in the middle of my cycle. I also got the odd blip with some weird results which me & bf had a good laugh about.

It is a pain having to do it every day but hopefully it will be worth it!
  • Hi
    I've just started doing BBT this cycle, number 7 of TTC. As Wona says I'm doing it to see if it looks like I'm ov'ing as after 6 mths of OPK and bd'ing at the right time on 5 of the months nothing has happened as yet!
    I expect a few blips but hope after a few cycles I will be bale to tell if all my bits look like they're working after all!!

Oh the things we ladies do!

Iz x

http://tt.lilypie.com/rLtM0/.png