Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

ovulating and cm

i have been writing down what day i am on and when i think i am ov. i cam off pill and had a proper af. i put down i thought i was ov on day 19 so af should have been here day 33 . i had alot of cm which was very stretchy for 2 days. then nothing but my af hasn't come yet and i'm on day 38. does it always come 14 days after ov or not? i'm guessing i wasn't ov!! so i'm not using the cm method anymore cos i keep getting it wrong ha. now i'm still getting abit of cm ( more milky) tmi sorry. i guess my afs r going to be irregular for abit have only been off pill for 2 months. i def don't feel pg i am 95% sure i'm not! have no symptoms what so ever will do test in a week if af doesn't hurry up and come! jane xx

Replies

• stretchy cm means u ov but af doesn't have to be exactly 14 days after ov. Since u just came off pill it could be your cycles are just longer.
  • oh thanks that helps

• PrincessJane - have you tried temping? I know it's a bit of a hassle but taking your temperature each morning at the same time before you get out of bed and keeping a note of it will let you see a proper pattern and it WILL let you know whether you've O'd or not - you can use the CM info to cross-check. Check out www.fertilityfriend.com for loads more info and free charting. Good luck!
  • Hi - what exactly made you sure you weren't preg??? Late period after good sign of ov?? I'd have been testing as lots of ladies don't 'feel' preg for ages.. Good luck xxxxxxxx
    just realised this is old post so guessing either af arrived or you got bfp?? Will check other posts!!!

[Modified by: camlo on August 26, 2007 11:58 AM]