Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

SMEP 9BFPs so far!!!

Replies

• So ladies - please give me some advice - I just went to the loo and there was loads of mucus, like egg white...I take it this was me ovulating. Now I never had a smiley face yesterday on my opk and the last time we tried was on monday night. We will try again tonight and for the next 2 nights etc...just like the smep plan. But can someone please tell me if it was ok that we didnt try last night (tues night) and that I am ovulating today, should there still be some of my husbands swimmers hanging around since Monday night? Im sooooo excited!!
  • In a good envirnoment sperm can live for up to a week, but I think genrally its 2 to 3 days, best bet is to bd tobight n next two days just incase, your body might not release ur egg til tonight or tomorrow for all you know!! Good luck! Hope you catch that egg x x
  • Quick question, I was having almost positive opks last week just after my af and now mine are no line at all?? Have I missed my chance? image x x
  • Hi BP... I hope not keep going anyway that has happened to me before.
    day 11 I have cold coming to no smiley face yet..
  • Hope there's lot's more BFP's!!!
    Baby Dust, Baby Dust, Baby Dust!!
  • Well Ive just got in from work and decided to do a opk even though id been for a wee 45mins b4.... it was positive, the test line was darker and thicker then the control line!!!!!so excited, also this means that if i Ov in the next few days i will have a lp of 13 to 15 days rather then 9 to 10! im sure this is down to my B6 vits, this month i upped them from 50mg to 100mg....

sorry to go on, but im so happy image
    Mrslolly good luck for tomoz, hope AF holds off...

Babydust xxxxxxxx
  • hi,

we've been 'trying' for over a year now - please enlighten me regarding the plan - - - any advice / tips are welcome.

(i use inverted commas as by trying - i mean not wrapping it up LOL - we are always so busy and hectic that we never get to BD at the right time and as often as we'd like)

• BP get off here quick an start BD!!...

Princess- I find that too there is always something happening when i am OV.. this month we have cancelled everything on the SMEP days so 100 % focused..
  • Hubby and I have tried this plan and are currently in the 2ww. (although I tested early and got a bfn). I am keeping my hopes up that I may have just tested 2 early, as there is still no sign of af. I never got a pos ov test though, so we just continued the every other night plan until today. I feel like as of now, the only reason why this plan may not work is if I did not ovulate at all. Until af comes or I get a bfp, I am treating my body as if I am pregnant. Good luck to everyone who is doing this plan, and congrats to the ladies who have gotten their bfps!!!!image
  • Hello everyone well it's day 12 for us, i must admit i'm not using OPK's with the plan this month just on daily cm watch (tmi i know, oops, lol).

I've even being putting two pillows under my bum afterwards (really awkward to try and sleep with) plus I've been taking my pregnacare tablets and hubby is on the zinc tablets.

Hope everyone else is doing well and congrats BP on getting your positive OPK, happy bd'ing.

:\)

xxx
  • hi girls, cd8 today so i can finally join you. although im going to have to find some energy from somewhere coz i hardly got any sleep last night and the last thing on my mind is bdancing.lol.xxx
  • Angel100, you'll find the energy, believe me!!

I'm 4dpo today and we've done the 3 nights in a row, skipped last night and tonight was supposed to be the one last try, but i'm booked in for the dreaded smear tomorrow morning and can't BD for 24 hours before, so i was up at 6 this morning and woke the OH up! I don't want to think i missed out on a BFP because i didn't do the one last try day!! Just did it in the morning instead of this evening!! My point being, I was knackered but baby making comes first!!

Good luck with the plan, i hope it works for you xx

• HI SMEP girlies!

Well I should be able to join you in the egg and spoon race soon - af due in the next few days. Yippee! (can't believe I am actually LOOKING FORWARD to af!)

But I have a smep question.

I use a cbfm, so use fmu, but the plan says to use your ov sticks in the afternoon. I'm planning on covering all bases and doing both! So here is my question (it's a bit of a ramble, soz!):

The plan says to bd on every other day starting from cd8. So if I use my ov sticks and get a smiley face on the afternoon of say cd 11 (ie an odd number day) then I would bd on that day, then my cbfm would give me my peak on the morning of cd12 so I would bd then too, and cd13, and cd14. So in total I would bd for four days in a row instead of the 3 that the plan says to do. That makes sense doesn't it?? Or is that too much bd'ing?? Is it possible to do TOO MUCH bd'ing - would it affect the little swimmers???

Or do you think I should just stick to the plan but use fmu with my cbfm?

It's actually quite complicated when you think about it for too long!!

xxSara
  • Well I'm on CD10 today and I managed to pounce on hubby before he left for work (it's my day off so I managed to lie with a pillow under my bum for a bit before taking the pooch out for a walk!). I missed BD'ing on CD8 cos I was feeling poorly but hopefully that won't have affected our chances as last month I didn't OV til CD17.

Angel100 it looks like we're cycle buddies again this month! Fingers crossed for September babies all round! xx
  • I'm sure you will be ok as on the plan it states to use your moniter from day 10. Don't go spending all your cash on opks too!! If you were to bed 4 times,I'm sure it wouldn't harm. Theirs many arguments whether bding every day or only twice a week and which is best. Its personal preference, I hope you get your bfp! X x
  • Also do ov pains happen b4 or after ov?x
  • Hi baby-princess...I would love to know the answer to that question myself!! And onther question....how many days after you have your ewcm are you fertile for?
  • No idea! This ttc lark is full of so much guess work!! I'm on the third day of positive opks.. I'm getting ov cramps, when do I class dpo, from the final positive?x
  • Hi Baby-Princess....I assume that is correct...I have no idea what I am going to do....CD20, but still no smiley face on my OPK!!
    Are you going to continue trying every other day after ovulation??
  • i dont know, dont think my hubby can carry on haha!