Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Wishful thinking?

Hi, i'm not sure how early it is possible to get symptoms? My af is due in four days so I know I am way too early and I feel a bit ridiculous for building my hopes up. I feel like I have been inflated by a bicycle pump, keep feeling sick and my boobs are all of a sudden ginourmous! (well, a lot bigger than their usual pancake size) and I nearly cried at the London marathon coverage about three times. I know they look like pre menstrual symptoms as well but I definately feel a bit odd. Do I just need to get a life/hobby? :roll:

Replies

• hi lottie
    its not def pmt unless af shows.have you thought about buying a clearblue.you can test about 4 days before af due with those.dont worry about having a life hun,if youre on here youve reached the stage that all that matters is white sticks lol...(apart from other halves and kids)xx
  • Hi Lottie
    Its really hard to not get your hopes up isn't it. Do you normally get any of these symptoms with your normal period and PMT type of things?

I think when trying to conceive its really hard not to be watching your body for any changes or signs.
    As for a hobby do anything I saythat makes you relax as they say the more relaxed we are the better our chances of conceiving are are the only only advice Ican give I am afraid but fingers crossed for you that its this month

Jillycat:\)
  • Thanks Claire01, am going to go and get of the early kits just this once to indulge my (probably incorrect) hunch! Are you pg or ttc?
  • Hi Jillycat, I am normally a bit grumpy and a bit bloated but usually I get that about 2 weeks before af and not so uncomfortably so, however I have been watching for signs really closely this month so its quite possible that I am over analysing my excessive empathy with marathon runners!

Do you think shoe shopping could be considered an acceptably relaxing hobby? image
  • I think shoe shopping would def be a relaxing hobby at least till the bills arrive:lol:

I know what you mean though about looking at your body and wishful thinking I am 2 days late now and despite promising myself that I wouldn't get hopes up, I have just spent the last hour on the web looking at pregnancy diaries about what to expect in the first few weeks image Just as well OH is at the gym or he would be telling me off!

Jillycat
  • I know, have been on the dramy site this afternoon looking at the same kind of thing. 2 days late is great - fingers crossed for you, aren't you tempted to do a test?
  • very but have tried to promise myself I will only test when I am a week late. As I think stress etc can make you late and don't want the disappointment to kick in too soon if I not pg. I have also just got back from my honeymoon and there is a 8 hour time difference here in the UK to where we went in Canada so it maybe be just all part of the jet lag and time zone thing that I am late to. Jillycat
    :\)
  • Congratulations! we got married in March. Would love to go to Canada - can see from your avatar you went whale watching you lucky thing.

Am going to take a leaf out of your book and exercise some self restraint on the testing too. Will wait until the weekend. Good luck.
  • Good luck ladies, my af was due last Monday the week before I started feeling kind of travel sick for no reason. I normally get sore boobs and a bit bloated before my af so didn't pay any attention to that. Then on Monday I got bad cramping pains and thought af was imminent, still no af by Tuesday so I tested with a clearblue in the morning (am normally always on time) and it was negative. Waited until Friday morning and still no af, tested again and it came up positive within about 2 seconds!! So you never know!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you both xxx
  • hi lottie
    u strong to wait to weekend,i always start testing 6 days before hand despite the fact shes always on time..am trying concieve 4th baby for over 2 years now.is this ur first..?
  • Hi Lottie, i too was wondering how early you can get pg symptoms. I'm on day 21 (cycles range from 28-33 days) and the last couple of days i've had really sore boobs. Never suffer from this normally but i'm aware that each month i read into any slight physical change. Does anyone know whether it's possible to have this symptom so early? If i were you i'd get a clearblue digital, but i guess it's best to wait if you can hold out! Good luck to you and Jillycat, got my fingers crossed for BFP let us know when you've tested. Congrats again Liz, did you tell your mum?
  • Hi Sarah, yep I told my mum and dad and the inlaws and they were over the moon. Told they to keep it to themselves for now as its obviously very early days. Just keeping our fingers crossed that everything goes ok now. Got to make a doctors appointment tomorrow so very excited about that! Not sure how they do things out here (I'm living in Norway) in terms of scans and stuff so I'm hoping they do one around 12 weeks like the UK. Still can't believe it is real! Sending lots of babydust your way, keep us posted. xxx
  • Ooh I read your other posts LizB, congrats on your news you must be over the moon.

We are trying for our first however we have only been properly trying for a very short while (6 weeks) so I probably am jumping the gun a bit. That said I am not sure I will make it to the weekend to test, might wait 'till Thursday......or Wednesday......
  • Hi Lottie, its my first too and we had only been trying for just over a month so you never know! I had been on the pill for 9 years and only came off it in January so I am amazed it has happened so quickly! I would try to put off testing as long as you can, even if you are preg then you can get a negative if you don't have enough of the hormone in your system yet. I know its so hard to wait! Keeping everything crossed for you xxx
  • Any news Lottie? Hope AF is staying away!! xx
  • Hi Sarah,
    Well I had my dates a bit wrong and thought AF was due this coming Friday but it was actually due yesterday so I did a clearblue test yesterday and got a BFN - bah humbug!

Still no AF but think I am probably just late so have ordered myself the Zita West how to concieve book to make myself feel better - oh well, back on the horse!
  • Hi Lottie, its not over till af shows up! Keeping my fingers crossed it stays away! I tested after I was one day late and got a negative, waited another four days and still no af so tested again and got a BFP so you never know!! x
  • Thanks Liz, Its still not showed up and my boobs really hurt (sorry - tmi!) I am going to wait until Monday morning and if still no af will test again. I wonder if my cyle just isn't as regular as I thought it was. Have you got any symptoms yet?
  • Hi, yep think I am just over 5 weeks pregnant now and I have been having stomach pains, a bit of travel sickness, really sore boobs and always thirsty and having to pee more often! Got my first GP appointment on Monday so a bit nervous for that. Hope your af stays away, let us know how you get on! xx