Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Coincidence or not?

I am now 5 days late for AF.... 3 negative tests later and 4 regular cycles since coming off the pill!!

I mentioned this to my mum and she tells me that when she had my sister (her first) she had negatives right up til they gave her an internal at 10 weeks and then it was confirmed!!

Could this just be a coincidence or could it be something similar??? Does anyone know??

Replies

• Hi pinkglitter (great name!!)
    i tested on the day period due, next day and 5 days after and all were negative. Then, cos no period showed up we waited til a wk and half late and tested again and got a positive (feint tho it was!) Not sure if that helps but you never know! Keeping fingers crossed for you. I think sometimes the hormone that it tests for is slow to show up and if you've been drinking a lot of water it can dilute it. Have you had any symptoms? I had been peeing loads (but it was v hot in the summer and i'd been drinking loads of water), slight sicky feeling (but again thought it was the heat) and the metallic taste in the mouth (but i didn't know then that it was a common sign.) However, i also had period type cramps LOL! Let us if/when you find out for sure. Good luck x
  • HI, Thanx for your reply.. Im going mad here!!

I had VERY sore boobs for a week about 2 weeks ago (which is odd for me!) Im peeing alot, but I also drink alot all the time... It just shocked me when my mum told me that, I wondered if we were both not good at showing up the hormone! FIngers crossed hey!
  • I can totally understand how you must be feeling. I was the same and hated waiting those couple extra days b4 testing again. I was also constantly going to the ladies to check if the period had come! Sore and swollen boobs is a known sign but i don't wanna get ur hopes up. Perhaps you are like ur mum - can you ask the doc about it??? When do you think you'll test again, or will you see the doc first?
  • hiya
    not sure how to answer but i have crossed my eyes arms legs firgers and toes for you .im no good at yoga so i guess ill look quite funny lol
  • I'll leave it til wednesday now and if nothings happened test then! Im away next weekend but if its still holding off I'll go to the docs when I get back!
  • V good luck! Will keep an eye out for any post from you on Weds x
  • Thank you Juliet & Claire01
    xxxxxx
  • Hi pinkglitter,fingers crossed af stays away.Good luck for wednesday(if u can wait that long lol)Take care,Gayle xx
  • I have known some ladies who haven't got bfp til quite late on, some don't get them at all, even though they are pregnant. Fingers crossed for you and good luck xx
  • Hi pinkglitter I've got my fingers crossed and I can hardly wait to find out!! You must be going crazy waiting!! image It's just a theory but I would think that if you ovulate quite late in you cycle which I realised this week is actually a possibility and you have become pregnant within the last week or so then maybe there wouldn't be enough hormone in your wee because it would be really early. But please try not to get your hopes up to much (sensible head :\( I don't use very often) It's one thing to have your hopes raised and your dreams come true but it can be a big drop if they don't :cry: Well now I completely depressed you and myself, my work here is done. Lisa xxx
  • Hi Lisa... Im not doing too bad, cos I honestly dont think this is it!!

Thanx for all your replies..xxx
  • Hi Ladies
    Can i just be stupid and ask what af and bfp mean?? It's probably really obvious but my pregnant brain really ain't workign that well these days! Ta ximage
  • af = aunt flo aka period
    bfp = big fat positive
    I think!!!
  • Brilliant! I'd never heard of aunt flo LOL!!! Thanks Lisa x image