Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What does everyone do for a living?

Replies

• i'm an analyst in the police
    xxxx
  • I'm a project manager / training coordinator for a massive global professional services firm... some perks over the years means I've been able to travel but now just a bit bored and looking for alternatives - internally tho, don't want to loose any maternity benefits : - )
  • Hiya girls

I'm a trainee legal executive, working in family law. It sounds really boring, but it's a very interesting job. Doing this job and ttc is heartbreaking though. I'm currently working in a few cases where the kids are being taken into care - I hate hearing that people can't look after their kids, when we're trying so hard to conceive ourselves - i'd gladly take them all in!

I'd love to be a wedding coordinator in a hotel overseas. I got married in Bali in March of this year, and the wedding coordinator there was so lovely, and I'd love to do what she does - all year round sunshine and happiness. Before I left Bali i was asking everyone for a job - but they all thought i was joking - bugger!

I know you didn't mean it this way - but I would just like to point out that not all children are taken into care because they can't be looked after or aren't wanted etc!! I was fostered from the age of 4 - 18, and it was NOT my mum's choice. She went in for a routine operation, and , lets just say, she didn't react well and ended up in a mental hospital. Soo not her fault! Luckily, I had really nice foster parents (they couldn't conceive) and they gave me the world! Not everyone is so lucky though. I also didn't have a good time with the social services - who when I was 13 decided I didn't need a social worker (they were short staffed) as I wasn't 'troublesome'!! Disgusting!!

Anyone - on a happier note - I am proving the stereotype of a fostered child wrong - I am a trainee accountant and own my own house!!image
  • I have just gone back to being a travel agent but until recently was training to be a nurse.

I always wanted to be a midwife but it's incredibly hard to get into where i am from. (Last year 700 ppl went for 12 places). So i decided to go the nursing route (3yrs nursing, 18 months midwifery) but i just didn't enjoy the nursing. image

In a dream world........ midwife or chocolate taster!
  • Hi I'm jumping in from another forum, but I am an editor of a fashion magazine. I love my job and take my kids to work! But I would love to spend a few months on a beach and write a book!
  • Hi I'm a (soon to be) qualified dispensing optician - fingers crossed! Have my final practical exam at the end of this month. Really enjoy my job as love working with the public. Work full time at mo as finishing qualifications but hoping to cut down hours when i'm through. Ideal job would be full time mum to my dd (although i like ladydonut's idea of a chocolate taster!)
  • i've just been made redundant from a leather goods factory it's all moved abroad. i'm job hunting and its depressing would love a bfp and just stay at home! lol. i would love to own my own cat rehoming centre but i'd probably just keep them all!
  • Im an administrator its pretty boring really very repetative but pays the bills

Ideally I'd like to either work with children or be a wedding planner.
  • I'm training to be a management accountant, only 8 more exams to go.
    Ideally i'd win the lottery and have my own dog rescue. If I didn't win much then i'd open a dogs boarding kennel to keep some money coming in!
  • Im a staff nurse in an Intensive Care Unit, and used to work as an A&E Technician.
    Im not sure what else i'd like to do, but I could cope with being a 'Lady wot lunches' (said in a very silly posh voice)!
    Topbird xx

http://tt.lilypie.com/Q55Vp1/.png

• Hiya

I'm a PR Officer for a large quarrying company and love my job, I get to travel all over the country (not sure I'm going to enjoy that when I go back at the end of next month!) in a male dominated industry - it's great when I change their way of thinking and get great publicity and news coverage for the company.

• hiya everyone - i have done a bit of sales, worked for a newspaper, woked in hairdressers, sold furniture, worked petshop, breeder of small mammels and now i am a childminder! Phew, whatever next. I am bit nervous actually as to what i will ebd up doing for my 'proper job' - any suggestions?
  • Oooooo, good thread!

I am a primary school teacher and Special Needs Coordinator of a large primary school - I absolutely love my job (although it's stressful and exhausting!) but I couldn't imagine doing anything else!

If money/stability were no object, I'd love to be a Wedding Planner (I absolutely loved organising mine and then 2 of my friend's - erm..have you seen 27 dresses?!)

If we won the lottery, we would buy a huge estate with land and OH would open an animal sanctuary and I would open an outwards bound type residential activity holiday centre for disadvantaged children.... oh, to dream!!

xx
    http://tt.lilypie.com/qOt6p1/.png

• I'm training to be a management accountant, only 8 more exams to go.
    Ideally i'd win the lottery and have my own dog rescue. If I didn't win much then i'd open a dogs boarding kennel to keep some money coming in!

What course are you taking? I'm hoping to do CIMA next year - just taken last AAT exams!
  • I'm a Quality Assurance Instructor in the Learning and Development Department of my local NHS Trust
  • i was a nanny a few years ago really loved the job but had to leave cause they were taking the piss having more kids and wouldnt pay me anymore money (i was only asking for ??40 a day i worked from 8 till 6 for them and 2 toddlers and 2 babys) plus i had a parttime job at local kfc to make my money up now im a full time mum and i love it
  • im a part time bar maid i left the office scene when my lo was born as this fits around us x x x

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev005pf___.png

• Hi I'm another nurse, work in orthopeadics. Love my job & can't think of anything else I'd rather do xxx
  • Hiya. I am a Complaints Analyst for a telecoms company - spend all day looking at statistics and trying to find ways to prevent complaints - it's dull but the pay's good.
    My ideal job would be as a Social Worker, working in child protection, but the degree is full time and we just can't afford it.
  • Im a slave...well thats what my boss calls me! I primarily work on an I.T helpdesk but in between taking calls from, often rude, customers I am a PA/PM support for the ops director. I hate it the helpdesk part - its very dull and not very challenging but with the PA part I have lots of different plates to spin so im always busy! And im hoping it wont be forever!