Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone else trying to lose weight before conceiving?

Replies

• Right, defo on it now!!

Came on 4 days early - how poo is that? Didn't think we'd done it this month though!

As I said in a previous post, started slimming world and all was going well until we went to a friends for a barbeque and then came on so I had to have 3 big glasses of wine and ice cream to compensate!

Hey ho, weigh in tomorrow, will let you know how I get on!

Come on girls - will power!!

xx
  • Thanks everyone!! I am a ritual chocolat eater. I have always eaten it virtually every night hence i am now 2 stone over what i was before my first child. Something needs to be done but i only have to have one bad thing happen and i am back to square one! What is every one else vices? Mine: chocolate and wine!
  • My vice is wine and haribos!

Seriously, you're all probably gonna throw something at your computers, but I could take or leave chocolate, but give me jelly sweets, or crisps come to that!

xx
  • hey girls. how everyone getting on. i went off the rails a bit at the weekend but i dont think i did too much harm. i suppose we can all afford to treat ourselves a little at the weekend. im back on track today but so hopefully.

mrs bammy do you go to a slimming world class. i joined online. finding it easier than having to count and weigh everything.xx
  • Quick update post on the weigh in tonight -

I've only just bloody lost 5 1/2 pounds!!!

Roll on a stone and a half! If only it were that easy!

How is everyone else doing?

xx
  • Well done MrsBammy!!
  • Can I join too? Need to lose about 3 stone (I blame it on being short - I would be perfect if i was 6 ft), I lost 2 stone before I had my 2nd, but just can't lose it this time. I'm kinda following the diet doctors plan and use my exerise bike - used to go to the gym,but can't fit it in anymore. Must try running especially if I can get oh to have the kids - which he would. I used to be a slimming world consultant so if anyone needs a hand with that one I can definetly help out. But the only thing I would say you have to really want to lose weight for it to work and it only takes 4 weeks to break a habit xx
  • hi girls can i jump on the band wagon!
    i'm only 5ft, and currently weight 10 st 1.5lb, i started WW online 3 weeks ago when i weighed 10st 8lb so far so good, i have steadily putting on weight since we started ttc using it an excuse, but now that its not happened i feel i need to do everything i can to help my body along! my BMI is currently 28 want to get it back down into the heathy range so that the doctors can't use it as an excuse to send me away at the end of the year when/if i have to go see them!
    i'm finding it ok most of the time, and i've been doing lots of cooking from scratch and descovered loads of food that i love that i didn't think i would!!
    my fav at the moment is sweet potato & Butternut Squash!!
  • Hey ladies

I'm going to join it too - I'm the same as Danipink, as in I have used ttc as an excuse to eat more (I think i thought well i'm going to probably put on weight anyway so it doesn't matter too much!) but I also now want to do everything i can to get my body in tip top condition!

I've rejoined weight watchers too and am going tonight for my 2nd weigh in - last week i was 11 st 1 pound and I'm 5 foot 5. I would like to get to 9st 7! Quite a way to go then! This time last year i was about 9 st 4!!! Whoops.

Good luck to everyone xxx
  • Moomin i'm doing it online so can do with all the diet buddies i can get, plus online gives me access to loads of tools and points finders!!
    let me know if your stuck on points amounts!!
    xx
  • . im doing quite well it think. nearly gave up this morning until the tesco delivery brought all my healthy food.lol. so back on track. good luck to everyone. and congtrats to everyone already losing.xx
  • well done angielisa! Danipink - i have gone for 'Monthly Pass' so I go to the meetings but I also get online access - it's great isn't it? I use the planner thing as I'm lazy about writing it down on a sheet as i have to get the books out and work out the points, but the website does it all for you. I love that!! I'll let you know how i get on at tonight's weigh in - what is your weigh in day?
  • ps, are you doing points plan or core plan? i'm doing core plan at the moment as I can't be bothered with weighing things and i like the fact it encourages me to eat healthily
  • i'm on points as i never know when i've had enough till its too late! lol!!
    wi day is tuesday morning, so really need to try and get weekends under control and i think i will lose more weight!
    love the tracker, my sis is also doing it but doesn't have internet access and is always texting for points value!! i've also been doing my shopping online so i only get what i need and can't be tempted by the lovely things you see walking round the store!!
  • that's a good idea - i have to go to the shops after a meal otherwise i'm too easily swayed into buying cakes and end of aisle offers like boxes of Cadburys Fingers!

My sister's doing it too with me - it's nice to have someone to do it with isn't it?!
  • Hi ladies can I join?
    I weighed 11stone before I fell pg with lo in 2005 then went down to 10st in 1st trimester due to morning sickness. When she was born I was 11 1/2 st and I lost it all by the time she was 1 I had got down to 10st again. We started ttc in Oct 07 and I got down to 9st 12lbs when lo turned 2 in jan this year but since then I have pigged out so much I cant believe it, I was so proud of myself but now I can really notice that my bum, thighs and tum are bigger.
    So today on CD8 month 8 ttc Im 10st 3lbs and would love to lose at least 3lbs (have to be realistic) by CD32 when af is due!! At least if I dont get pg this month I can lose some more weight!!
    good luck girls x x x x
  • hi everyone. need a bit of a push. had a bad day. nothing really brought it on just lazy i suppose. so ive had crisps and some biccies with my tea. not good. need a kick up the bum to get back on track for tomorrow. i also do my shopping online to stop me buying treats and im saving money as well. lol

good luck fiona86. its not easy is it. before i fell preg with lo i was a size 10 after losing loads of weight so i know i can do it just need to get my bum in gear .
  • thanks angielisa, its so not easy! Ive actually been very good today though, Ive had my breaky then lunch and some grapes to keep me going until dinner. I always feel great when ive eaten a normal amount and not had loads of chocolate biscuits. I normally eat too much or have a day like today where im very strict.
    Is any1 cutting down on tea/coffee? i only allow myself one cup of tea a day. xxx
  • Oh you girls are making me feel so guilty!!! I have 4 stone to lose to be a good BMI and my head is just so not in the right place. Perhaps reading your post will spur me on!!!
  • You can do it hjanea!!! come on girl, do you have trouble with exercising or eating healthy? i hate exercising and addicted to chocolate!!! xxxx