Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone else trying to lose weight before conceiving?

Replies

• Options
    thats my problem. either not eating enough or eating too much. its true but isnt it. when ive been eating healthy i feel fantastic but then something slips and away i go again. id really like to get the weight down before i hopefully fall preg and have to put it all back on again.lol
  • Options
    hello, me again who started this whole thing! ive been soooo bad girls, running excellent getting so fit, but stuffing my face so calories burnt = void! what is wrong with me?! im 5'8 was 11st 2lb, size 12 for wedding last june, am now 12st 12lbs! 24 big fat pounds of lard ive put on hanging on my belly! grrr just had to buy size 16 work uniforms, bursting out of the 14s, so depressing, help!
  • Options
    oooh no sounds like we all having a bad day. ive just fish and chips for dinner. but we must tell ourselves this if for a good cause and get back on track in the morning. it be so good if you could just go to tesco and buy some willpower.lol
  • Options
    Hi

I have been trying to lose weight whilst ttc so far I have lost 1 stone only another 2 to go I have joined slimming world which I have found really good.
  • Options
    Its both for me-I dont like exercising and have little time for it as the single working mum of a three year old. If I'm in the right frame of mind I can stick to the healthy eating and really enjoy it-and I've lost it before twice. Perhaps I need to eat my curry tonight whilst I watch the apprentice(can't waste it!!!) and start affresh tomorrow. I need to drastically reduce my portions as well-perhaps eating from a side plate!!!
    I would pay a lot for a box of will power!!!!xxx
  • Options
    OH MY GOD!

I've just calculated my BMI and it's 29.2!!!! If it's 30 I would be classed as obese!!! Thing is, I must have that dismorphic- thingy, only the other way round, coz although I have put weight on I don't think I am almost obese - I am a size 16!!!

How depressing is that?!

Slimming World wont know what has hit them!

Seriously girls, work yours out and that'll give you the willpower you need! I almost feel like wrapping myself in cling film, ala Full Monty!!

No, we need to be good, we need to be good!

Come on, let's all chant the mantra............

xx
  • Options
    Thanks MrsBammy-mines 34.something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    No, I didn't wanna offend anyone, honestly, I'm really sorry if I have! :cry:

But would you consider yourself to be obese?

• Options
    Its ok, I'm not offended-I'm a bit of a pig at the moment.(should've put a 'lol' in my post.) At times yes I do feel obese, I'm an 18 thats had to buy some new size 20 summer trousers and I'm quite cross with myself that I managed to lose a stone at the end of last year and since the begining of this year I have started to ttc and found it stressful because of my circumstances and have put all of it back on.
    The stupid thing is that I had severe pre eclampsia in my pg and had lo at 32 weeks. Because of this my risks of a reoccurrance are increased anyway and even more so by such a large bmi, so I am risking my health in this ( and of course other ways) by not losing weight!!-and I STILL cant get my head in the right place for doing it successfully!!xxx
  • Options
    Ah, good, I'm glad I haven't offended you, that really wasn't my intention, the point was that I was shocked at myself, I have put sooooooo much weight on sooooooooo quickly and I think it was the shock to the system that has made me even more determined to do something about it!

Why don't we be weigh-in buddies?! I used to do it on the YYW site and found that a little support was what was needed!

Let's shed those pounds together, so that out bubbas have the best possible home for 9 months (when we all get our BFPs!)

xx
  • Options
    OK- now I've pigged out on my curry and am very full! My best weigh day is wednesday as I work every weds and get weighed on the patients scales which hopefully are accurate. I got on them yesterday and was 14-7-OMG, cant believe I've told the world that-discussing cm is nothing compared to that!!!!!!!!
    Exercise is a real problem for me because I'm knackered once lo has gone to bed and then have to do house worky things that are hopeless whilst shes around. Are you doing any?
    Helen.xx
  • Options
    My BMI is 23 which makes me feel a bit better as that is classed as normal but what I see in the mirror I dont like. What I find annoying is that my bottom half is size 12 but when I buy jeans they have to be size 14 to get over my bum. It seems to be that the women in the family get huge arses and thighs!!! But I just measured tum and its 84cm around and I have a book that says over 80cm indicates a slight health risk and above 88cm is a major health risk...aahhhh
  • Options
    hiya everyone! Arent we hard on ourselves? The thing is i always try to dress nice, accessorise and have my hair nice, and if i see other size 16's or 18's i think they look nice if they have made an effort and that being bigger doesnt mean ugly! However, i still cant believe that i have crept up to 13.5 stone from 11.5 before my first child. and some days i feel fine because i might be wearing something new and other days i dont want to go out and will not catch up with old friends because i know they will be shocked at my massive change. I am embarrassed but i kid myself into thinking i dont care just so that i can go and get something to eat! and then afterwards feel rubbish again x
  • Options
    Morning Ladies
    I went to my weigh in at weight watchers last night - i had lost 3 pounds this week image I was really chuffed with that - just need to keep it up now!
    I have cut down on tea - try to have about 1-2 cups a day now and no coffee. How's everyone doing about alcohol too?
  • Options
    em29 I can completely relate!! I was a size 12 before I got married in sep 2007, and have shot up to a size 16!!! I saw some pictures of me on facebook from last weekend and had such a cry at how I've changed!! I'm supposed to be catching up with old school friends on saturday and I just can;t face going because I just can't even comprehend what they'll be thinking... *cry*

I have spoken to the doctors about it and had a blood test which indicates an underactive thyroid, getting re-tested today so hopefully I'll get some answers as I've tried everything to lose weight and it just keeps increasing!!

Clare x
  • Options
    Well done Moomin!!!
    Oh Clare-big hug!! Souds awful to say I hope its your thyroid, but at least then they should be able to help you. Good luck honey.xx
  • Options
    I know, I was talking to my Mum last night and siad exactly the same thing...although deep down I don't want anything to be wrong, at leats it would explain why I can't lose weight!! I thought I was going insane and sleep walking to the fridge every night!

Clare x
  • Options
    I know, I was talking to my Mum last night and siad exactly the same thing...although deep down I don't want anything to be wrong, at leats it would explain why I can't lose weight!! I thought I was going insane and sleep walking to the fridge every night!

Clare x
  • Options
    hi girls, im not drinking alcohol at all, ive gone right off it which is handy because I dont need extra EMPTY calories!! My oh gave me a glass of rose last week, i said i didnt want it but he insisted, i had one sip and i hated it. After it sitting in my fridge for 3days i poured it away!
    The biggest challenge for me is cutting out the chocolate and biscuits and cakes and I havent had any of those since tues when I just had 3 biscuits. Normally when I open a pack of biscuits (especially those new Fox's viennese melts from advert - so lush) I will eat them all in 1 day!! xxx
  • Options
    Oh MrsAgate, you poor thing, I also know how you feel - i've gone up 2 dress sizes since I got married last year too. However mine is just because I've been stuffing my face! It would be good to know if there's something like your thyroid which is contributing to this then you can get it sorted. It might help with getting your BFP too.
    the sweet things are also my downfall - one biscuit and i eat the whole packet too. I don't drink a huge amount, but every now and then i go out to a wedding or a hen do or something and then have quite a bit. But I don't drink in the week usually and am trying to limit myself to 1-2 glasses when i do drink. it should help with the weight loss and also the BFP! or if not getting the BFP then if I do get it my BFP one day it will seem natural to cut it out altogether.
    good luck for today ladies x