Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

anyone else trying to lose weight before conceiving?

Replies

• Im starting to feel REALLY hungry now! luckily someone is fitting our carpet as i write this so I cant get to the kitchen but i feel sick from hungar and I had weetabix at 8am why cant I be ok until 12?????
  • You should have some fruit or nuts (not the chocolate bar) about 10am to try and starve off hunger!!
  • So far Ive had,
    breaky: weetabix
    mid morn snack: handful grapes
    lunch: slice 50/50 toast, bowl of oats & nuts cereal

drinks: 1 tea, 1 OJ and lots of water!!!

hehe im doing so well xxxx
  • hi girls just checking in for the day to say i'm doing ok!!
    went out for luch today as its my last day at work!
    i had brucetta (ate half the portion) and then chicken & prawn salad! Dinner will be baked potato with more salad!!
    i never had any breakfast, so think i'm still on track for today!!
    i find that i need a mid morning snack but i'm fine in the afternoon, have been trying not to snack but sometimes you just need too!! lol!!

going away this weekend so thats what worying me!!! need to try and make the right choices as well as not totally over do it on the booze!!
  • its all soo hard. lol. im fine in the morning can go from breakfast to lunch fine. its the mid afternoon munchies that get me. ive just ended up having tea and biscuits.
  • i struggle not to snack between every meal and after dinner. how can you not eat from 6pm til the morning???? x
  • I find going to bed at 8pm helps!!lol.xx
  • Hi everyone

Have not been on here for a while - bloody work has been getting in the way :x Really fed up with it but that is a whole other story. :lol:

I have been trying to eat more healthly food - am trying to cut out wheat all together as the lady I go to for acupuncture has recommened cutting it out while ttc. Also got up this morning and did an exercise video for 30 minutes before work.

Saw some of the programe last night about overweight women having large babies and that was enough for me to get my arse out of bed and do something this morning :lol:

Have just worked out my BMI and OMG I REALLY need to lose weight :\?
  • my BMi is shocking too. I need to lose two stone really to be back to normal. Oh god - i dont know where to start! i watched the programme too and it shamed me, it made me feel really crap. I do not agree with the parents feeding their toddlers any kind of junk food, but i do feel that programme/ narrative treated the mums like lumps of fat/ meat with no respect for their feelings or reasons why they became obese. Now i really want tod do something about my weight, but always find an excuse to have one more binge! x
  • I agree with the not feeding children junk food, the my 1 year old can eat a whole bag of chips was quite scary!

It wasn't good how they were talking about the Mums it was almost as if they had done it on purpose!!

Am really going to try and be good this time just have to try and convince hubbie to try too so that have some back up
  • Morning girls, how we all doing??

quick update: last night I ate my dinner at 5.30 then managed to keep busy and only had an apple. went to bed at 10pm, burnt some cals BDing LOL
    xXxXx
  • Well I started off well with a banana and grapefruit juice for breakfast but it went very bad from lunchtime onwards(wont tell you what I had in case it makes your mouths water). But today is a fresh day and I've just had the same healthy breakfast!xxx
  • Hi all,

I wouldn't mind joinging you if that ok.
    My situation's a bit different though - I don't actually need to loose weight...
    BUT cos I have pcos I have insulin resistance and therefore have to be careful to not eat high gi/sugary foods as my body then releases too much insulin which in turns screws up hormone levels and messes up ovulation, which then screws hormone levels more - it's a bit of a vicious circle really. So I am now on a mega healthy eating plan.
    Am normally a real carbs junkie so it's hard having to cut down on things like bread and pasta. But I am determined to stick to it.
    Need to give away the bottles of wine we have in the house otherwise I am going to cave in and drink them...!
  • Hjanea, i am the same - started off well yesterday but then i had a client lunch and ate dessert - whoops, then i had a really bad day and went for a glass of wine witha colleague. Well one turned into two, two turned into three, three turned into four.... and i feel a bit rough now. I didn't have any dinner either. Yuk. I got home and had a big old cry to my husband about work (which i am hating at the moment) and the fact that i am not ovulating. Just really felt sorry for myself. But i am back on track today - had my special k with skimmed milk for breakfast. Out for dinner tonight though so will have to try hard to be good!

MrsRoss, i never heard that about not eating wheat while ttc - do you know what the reasoning is?
  • Well ihave well and truly blown another weeks diet!! What the HELL is wrong with me???? However, i AM starting monday with a fresh kitchen full of fruit/ cereals and jacket potatoes. I think i have gall stones and so forthe sake of my health i have to detox myself from chocolate! not looking forward to it - i get headaches, low energy, moody and very anxious without it. Hopefully that should pass in a few days! Everyone else- you are all doing really well and you are giving the mental encouragement that i need to do the right thing xxx
  • I'm planning to start on monday as I realised that I had fattening food that needed yesterday and we're going to mums for tea today and I'm having them for roast dinner tomorrow(well pork actually not them!!!).
    I was looking at weightwatchers, slimming world and weightloss resource online yesterday. I have done ww with going to meetings before so have the stuff and I've counted cals before. There are no meetings on a day when I'm free to go so meetings are out. Think if I spend to go online I may be more likely to stick to it.
    Good luck today ladies!!xxx
  • Hi all,

I've been doing really well this week - have lost about 2 lb in 5 days and not water for a change. Been to the gym and been on my exercise bike twice plus some bd'ing. Also going to join another gym that does a 6 week empowerment course where you have a personal trainer once a week and sessions wth a nutrionist and life coach. You just haveto do 3 sessions a week and it a money guarantee!! xx
  • Also I've just been having half my plate full of veggies or salad xx
  • been a bit rubbish this weekend, have only run twice this week as am so tired had busy weekend. new day tomorrow, having bananas and grapes with yogurt over tomorrow for brekkie, and a salad with plain dressing for lunch, havent worked on tomorrows tea yet... good luck all!
  • Hurruh! I have begun my chocolate detox and have eaten healthily today! Weetabix, cherries, slimming world tuna - that sort of thing! I am sooo craving chocolate though and have had a highlights hot choc today. My god - i dont know how people lose stones and stones and last like this for months! The most weight i have ever lost is a stone and i cannot keep it up! But have to as have got two stone to lose. How is everyone doing and what are your targets??