Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

anyone else trying to lose weight before conceiving?

1235»

Replies

• Well done for today. I am now starting tomorrow. I'm going to count weight watchers points as I've done it before. I have 4 stone to lose to get to a normal BMI but am going to try and lose 10% which is 20lbs. I want to try and continue even if I get my BFP as I will be eating much healthier on the plan than I do now and have plenty of fat to live off!!!
    Am going to get weighed at work tomorrow(I'm a nurse) and am dreading that I'll be even more than I was a couple of weeks ago!!!
    I dont like exercising but I'm going to try and do an exercise video(they are old and I need to find them) at least 3 times a week. Putting that on here might actually make me do it!!!
    xx
  • Hello all,

Sorry for the absence - I have taken 57 of my kids (I am a Primary School Teacher) on residential for the weekend.

Now... you would think this is good in terms of weight loss wouldn't you?!!! OH NO!!! There were 6 staff and we spent the weekend (Thurs 'til Mon) eating sweets, chocolate, more than I normally eat for a meal and lots of alcoholly-pop!!!

Not good in terms of losing weight!!! Weigh in tomorrow, I would estimate that I have put at least 3 pounds on, which is gutting, but at least I am still going to class, I guess!!

Come on girls, we can do it!!!

xx
  • Its only a small setback MrsBammy. Good luck for your class. If its gone on it'll come off again and it might not be as bad as you fear. Let us know tonight.xx
  • hey girls
    well i have STS this week! but feel ok about it as we where away for the weekend to Cardiff & really done a lot of drinking & eating!!
    but Bruce Springsteen was fab!!!! had a really good time!!
  • Hello ladies,

Well, wash my mouth out!!! I have lost a pound!!!

I am aiming for 2-3 next week...hmmm, fingers crossed!!!

What is everyones total target?

Think I am going to look at a total of 2 stone, but we'll see!!!

xx
  • Excellent!!!
    I got weighed today and my start weight is 14st5 1/2 lb. I want to loose 4 stone really but that is such a lot so my aim for the moment is 10% of my body weight which is 20lbs-that seems like a lot too!! I have started well today and apart from finishing my lo's pudding(it was just too nice to throw away!!) I am really pleased with myself.
    Good luck for a good day tomorrow girls!xxx
  • Thanks chick,

I started off at 14 stone 7 1/2 pounds (but I am quite tall at 5' 9").

Now down to 14 1 but would like to get to around 12 (ish). I've done it before (although I have never been this big) and got down to just under 11 and although I felt gorgeous at the time, looking back at pictures (I was my sister's bridesmaid) I think I was too thin, you could see all my bones sticking out and stuff - so would settle on 12.

I agree, it would be such a waste for you to throw the pudding (and as my mam always said - don't waste food, think of all the starving children in the world) - It's all her fault that I am overweight, not that I put too much on the plate in the first place!:lol:
  • Is she related to my mum!!!!
    I'm only 5'4", but I know what you mean, I once got down to 9 3 and thought I looked great but my bones stuck out too!
    If I get my bfp I want to be able to carry on and just allow myself a little more. I eat so much more healthily when I watching what I eat which would have to be better for a bean, though saying that when I was pg with lo I couldnt stomach salads for months!!!