forgot to take my pill- HELP

HI I HAVE BEEN TAKING THE CONTRECEPTIVE PILL FOR ABOUT A YEAR. MY PERIOD IS DUE A WEEK ON TUES 8.7.08 AND OVER THE PAST WEEK I HAVE TAKEN MY PILL OVER 12 HOURS LATE 3 OR 4 TIMES AND HAD UNPROTECTED SEX ABOUT 4 TIMES WITHIN THAT WEEK. HOW LIKELY IS IT THAT I BECOME PREGNANT? PLEASE HELP MY ASAP! THANK YOU. ASHY X:\?

• I would say it is more likely you aren't than you are - although judging by dates you may have been at most fertile time during when you took it late. If you took the pill as soon as you remembered and then carried on as normal hopefully you will be ok - but there is no 100% guarantee. As it happened a few times -obviously that gives you more of a chance of being pregnant (PG). I know it is not what you want to hear - but I think you will just have to wait and see xx
  • WELL ACTUALLY I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY IF I WAS PREGNANT. I TOOK TWO PILLS OVER 12 HOURS LATE AND TOTALLY FORGOT TO TAKE FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS SO TOOK THEM BOTH THIS MORNING. DO MOST PEOPLE GET PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS?AND HOW LONG AFTER CONCEPTION DO THEY NORMALLY START?XX
  • Taking them both this morning will not have helped - you should only take one at a time according to the instructions!! People get all sorts of symptoms, some not at all!! Some feel them a few days after falling - some not until a couple of months PG. It is a copmpletely individual thing! Also, a lot of them are very similar to AF (period) symptoms. Have you had any then?
  • oh no!hope its going to be ok that i took two pills this morning!?!?! no i dont feel im having symptoms, only feel slightly bloated?
  • That is one of the many symptoms us girls have had between OV (ovulatin) and AF. It could be a sign of either! have you got the instructions for your pill? It should tell you in there if there is any issue with taking 2 together!
  • i have just read the instructions, it says if you forget to take 1 or more pills, take the latest one- so thats my fault about taking two at once as i didnt read the instructions properly first time. it doesnt say anything about there being an issue taking 2 at the same time so hopefully i will be ok.do you know of anyone who has become pregnant while on the pill?
  • That's cool then - hopefully you are fine! If you feel odd then you can always go to docs - you shouild be ok tho!

My cousin had been back on the pill for 2mths after giving birth, and fell PG - she hadn't even missed any!! Don't forget - the pill is not 100% effective so there is always the chance you can get PG on it!
  • thanks for your advice, i dont feel too great dont know if its symptoms or just me being paranoid and imagining it?
  • It could be a bit of both! We have all convinced ourselves we are pg at some time or another on here!! lol!! I think, if you can, try not to worry about it, and then if your AF is late, you can do a test. For best results you are best to do it when you are 4 days late, as that gives your body chance to show the PG hormone (HCG). Let us know how you get on xx
  • what is AF?my period?the thing is, i was going to back to back my pills and not have a period this months as im going on holiday and didnt want to be on my period while i was away so i dont know what to do now?are you pregnant?xx
  • Af = period yes! I would suggest if you think are pg then it is better not to back to back your pills - but the pill does not affect any tests, so I guess you could continue if you wanted to and then do a test 4 days after you would have been due. I think that is your choice though.

I am not PG yet that I know of - but my AF was due today and isn't here yet - so I am hoping - lol xx
  • ok i will do a test in a week or two.oooh are you going to do a test?xx
  • I did one yesterday - BFN (negative) so will prob do one wednesday!
  • so could i take a test a few days before my period is due?
  • You can - but there is less chance of it showing positive as less HCG hormone in it! It multiplies every day late you are
  • oh i see. iv been reading some other peoples messages on here, on the preg test that is 1 line-not preg and 2 lines preg, if the second line is faint but present does this mean you are preg but not very far gone?
  • You are correct on 1 line / 2 lines. If the 2nd line is faint - then it definitely suggests you are PG but not a lot of hormone! It doesn't actually show how far along you are - as some people can be 8 - 12wks PG and it doesn't even show on a test!! It literally means the HCG hormone is very low. You are more likely to get this reading if you test early xx
  • ok so if that happens should i re take a test a few days later?is there anyway of mis reading the test? i.e-could i think i can see a faint second line and there actually not be one or could it show a second line and the test be wrong?
  • yes - best to take another a few days later. If you are worried about misreading - then using a clearblue digital is best although expensive. They literally spell it out for you 'Not pregnant' or 'pregnant' in actual words - no lines to worry about!
    You can sometimes see a line and it isn't one I believe - i think it is an evap line but a different colour? not completely sure on that tho! I've not had that!
    There is no way the test can be wrong if it is an obvious 2nd line.
  • ok thank you so much for your help.fingers crossed for you xxx