Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Drinking - TTC

Might sound daft but how does drinking affect my and oh's fertility?

Replies

• Options
    not sure how it affects fertility but i know it does. i do know that if a man drinks too much his swimmers can get p*ssed (swimming in circles etc).

my dh usually goes out for a few drinks with work people on a friday after work (he only has anout 4 pints- so not big nights out) but he as decided that he will only go out once a fortnight maximum - bless.

karenxxx
  • Options
    hi em1983 it is supposed to slow your oh swimmers down i think but drinking while ttc is up to you i think its ok for you but its if you get lucky and r preg and still drinking i drank xmas do and had too much feel really gulity now cause 10 days later think might be am testing tomoz as am 4 days late and feel sick as a dog for days now and really tired can't get past feeling guilty even tho i know i can't be that lucky

sorry rammbling

xx
  • Options
    Ah well its not so much oh and his swimmers, guilty holding my hand up its me... I like the odd glass a wine or two or three (dont worry not a alcoholic or anything), wonder whether I should stop or not....Obv I would if found out was pg but while ttc to conceive wonder whether doing any harm?
  • Options
    i dont drink much as a rule (cant drink as i used to - get really sick). i drinking at the moment as its xmas and new year as only on cd8. mind you went out last night for boxing night and only had about 4/5 drinks, felt really crap, woke uo with a bit of a cough, then as the night went on had splitting headache and felt sick and crap. had chills and shivers inthe night. woke up feeling really crap and now snotty (sorry tmi). so may not being drink for new year just cos i feel so crap.

sorry for the ramble and the tmi

karenxx
  • Options
    I understand what you mean I dont drink until Im drunk, not anymore (too old) and (dont like hangovers, cant cope anymore with all that), I just enjoy a drink. x