Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Can I test today ?

Hello

My AF is due on the 6th, could I test with first response from today ??

Replies

• In theory yes but I would maybe wait til Thurs/Fri - I got bfn Mon,and only faint line Sat and Sun (ie mine didn't show up til after af was due).

Having said that they were Boots own tests, not FR. Good luck for whenever you decide hon! x
  • Hi

I think I may hold out for a while, am home ill from work today so my mind is working overtime thinking about it.

Congrats for you...
  • Ames is right! It would depend on how long after actual ovulation you are... if you ovulated 14 days before your period is due then it a BFP might be detected, but changes are it won't until later this week! And you might have a shorter or longer lp so, unless you know when you ovulated, it can be hard to tell how early you can test.

If you can wait, do try to. The longer you leave it, the easier it would be to see any line.... good luck!
  • i think the earliest they show is 6 days before so you are on the limit, i think only 60ish percent of people get a positive at this stage so i would try and wait.

I only test if af doesn't arrive which saves me a fortune as she always arrives!
  • Thanks

I think I will wait, has only been about 7 days since ovulation anyway as my cycle is a very strict 26 days (to the day). Will try not to think about it, will prob make it late anyway.
  • I think you are a day early for FR? Not totally sure though but I would think you had to include today in the 6 days? I am same as you nearly, my AF due on 7th and I am trying to hold out!
  • i'd leave it a few more days or even until af is late if you can hold out that long
  • Hi greeney

you are prob right, have just been feeling so odd lately that hubs is convinced i am. in fact we have a bet on it !! will just forget about it for a while and try and get better instead.
  • Hey there,

i think they say to wait till at least four days before your due. I did one 3 days before i was due but it was in the afternoon and it was negative. Then i did one two days after i was due and it was a firm positive. I think it takes a while for the BHCG to be in your blood stream esp if you only conceived later in your cycle. For your peace of mind try one on the wed/thurs first thing but it would be best to wait till the 6th.

good luck!

xxxx