Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

OV Tests

Hi all

I decided to take the plunge and buy an OPK. I tested today and there was only the line that shows it''s working. Not a tiny sign of another. I know the other has to be stronger than the control but there was notthing at all. Does that sound right?

It was an ASDA one if that helps.

thank you

V xxx

Replies

• Options
    yes hun it will only show another line when a surge is detected, so a faint one maybe 1-2 days before ov and a darker one right on surge/ov. all depends on how much of ur levels are passed through urine and sensitivity of the test, both variables unfortunately. so depending on what cd you are on keeping testing, or you've mised it if its late in cycle prob. xx hope that helps.
  • Options
    Ah thats great thank you. I'm only on about day 8 and my last cycle was about 40 days (it was my first real one since my withdrawel) so I think I'll leave it for a few days now I know how it works.

thank you
    V xxx
  • Options
    i never knew that about the lines, i do have to say i am bloody sick of only seeing the one flaming line-i dont know how i will cope when im doing HPTs!!