Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding 3 days after BFP!!!!!

Replies

• Options
    Hi hun, thinking of you and keeping everything crossed - has the bleeding stopped this morning?

• Options
    Hi babymonkey, just wanted to let you know that we are all thinking about you hun, hope the bleeding has stopped now. xx
  • Options
    Hi,
    No bleeding hasnt stopped. Its about the same but with a few cramps this morning. I think I need to face fact that this pregnancy just isnt going to happen.
    xxx
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are going through this honey, I think you should go down to the hospital, they will at least be able to confirm what is happening for you.
    Fingers crossed and sening you lots of hugs and sticky babydust. xxx
  • Options
    Oh honey image I am so sorry I truly am wish I could give you a hug image

Just rest which I am sure you will do, are you going to see your GP tomorrow?

K xxxx
  • Options
    Ohh hun im so sorry, i dont really know what to say having never experienced this before. I just hope your oh is there for you. Please take care, sending lots of hugs debs xx
  • Options
    Oh well. its just one of those things isnt it really. We were supposed to take the kids to the seaside today with my parents. Dont know wheather to go or not.
    Does anyone know if its ok to wear a tampon as I am affraid of gushing (TMI) or should I stick to a towel?
    xxx
  • Options
    not sure why but i have a feeling tampons should be avoided. i would stick to a towel if i were you just to be on the safe side. (sorry)
    Take care hun
    dg
    xxx
  • Options
    Haven't known what to say babymonkey, so have been lurking in the background keeping my fingers crossed for you. Really sorry you are having to go through this.

I haven't been through this myself, but would suggest you stick with towels. It's difficult to reply to you, as I want you to be realistic as you are being. But on the other hand others have said cramping and bleeding is common in early stages of pg, and that it's quite normal.

Sorry I can't be very much help. Take care. Big hugs, and sticky baby dust. xx
  • Options
    God, doesnt it just do your head in. Thats one thing I am hun is realistic. Right from the start I knew something was a miss when it took so long to get a BFP line on a test.
    What ever happens, happens. There are women out there that cant have any children. At least I have a lovely daughter and a super son. Its just a shame for OH as he doesnt have children.
    Dont worry, I will be getting back in the saddle just as soon as.............
    xxx
  • Options
    Think you are fantastic babymonkey. You're handling everything really well, and when you're not, then we're all here for you. xx
  • Options
    oh thanks hun. I just cant see the point of convincing yourself that everything is okay when you know damn well its not. After all, why be so cruel to yourself and I know your all here. I think your a great bunch on here.
    xxx
  • Options
    hi sorry to here the bleeding isnt getting betta,you cud do a test to see if its still positive ,thats what the doctors made me do wen it happened to me.
    xxx
  • Options
    Just thought I would give you an update...................
    Bleeding stopping. gone very light.
    xxx
  • Options
    BM sorry to hear you are bleeding but good to hear that it is stopping. I hope it clears up and you continue to have a healthy pregnancy. My first pg ended in MC and when I was 12 weeks pg with my lo I bled extremely heavy and bright red! I thought I was losing her. I was on holiday and was so sure when I got back and went to EPU that it had happened again but I cried when I saw the heartbeat. It turned out that the placenta was lying low and that was the cause of the bleed. So there is always hope. I was given hormone tablets to take till 22 weeks and she was born healthy but small in Dec 06
  • Options
    oh hun, I didn't want to read and run but not got anything useful to say either.

Hopefully with everything slowing down it was just your bodies way of getting rid of what it didn't need and is now settling down to nurture your new baby.

Definitly get to the Dr's tho to check things out.

Fingers crossed and lots of very sticky babydust for you

xxx
  • Options
    Hiya!!

I didn't want to read and run either and I hope that I can maybe make you feel a bit better!
    I bled at 8 weeks and then 11, at 11 weeks it was heavier than what i would experience as a period. Eventually the bleeding slowed then stopped, I am now 21+5.
    I had no answers as to why I had the bleed apart from them sayin it could've been cos I was due on my period at that time.
    Try not to worry, do go get checked out tho. If the doctors don't take interest go to A&E, that is what I did.

I hope all works out for you !!!

Clare xxx
  • Options
    Bleeding has stopped now so fingers crossed that little one is still there!!!
    xxx
  • Options
    It is so sad to read what you have been through over the last few days but glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped. I have had a few friends that have bled during early pregnancy and gone on to have healthy babies.

I would def go to the docs or hospital though for reassurance, I know I would be straight down there if it was me.

Keep your chin up.

A xx
  • Options
    Hi Babymonkey

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this. Have you managed to see your doc or a&e yet? I just wanted to add that i had the same in February....a BFP on the saturday, then started to bleed on the Wednesday. I did another pregnancy test on the Friday and it was a BFN, so i saw the doc and it was classed as a 'chemical pregnancy', so i truly hope that your bleeding has stopped and that all is ok.

Please let us know....... I also understand how you must be feeling after your mc, i've also had 3 of them so i completely understand how you are feeling.

Take care

XXXXXXXXX