Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

ttc after merina coil.

Hiya is anyone ttc after a merina coil? i just wondered when i would expect to have kind of bleed after having my coil taken out(had it taken out 2 weeks ago), i didnt have periods for nearly 2 years so i dont know "when" my period is. I did a OPK kit today and it was positive, so does that mean i realistically should have af in 2 weeks time??? All the doctor has told me is that the hormones from the coil disapeer from the body v.quick.

Any experiences AFTER coil would be appreciated xxx
JO xxx

Replies

• Hi. Sorry dont want to be bearer of bad news esp as i havent posted for ages but have heard and personally experienced problems ttc straight after having mirena coil removed. I had a period about 3 weeiks after coil removed (they were regular b4 coil fitted) then got pg 2 months later but it sadly ended in a m/c. my doc says she recommends people wait 3 months after mirena removed b4 ttc. on a positive did later have succesful pg! good luck xx
  • Hi I had the mirena coil after having it removed I had a period within a couple of days then about two weeks later had a bleed for about two days, didn't know whether to count that as an mini af but 4 weeks later had a BFP. There are quite a few people on here who have mentioned m/c occuring after the coil but I'm now 30+5 weeks and was lucky to have no problems. Good luck Lisa xx