Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Essay (sorry)

Hi,

I have just spent 2 weeks in hospital with Pelvic Inflammartory Disease. Went in as they theought it was my appendix (which they removed along with some bowel and it turned out to be neither), then after 9 scans they realised I had fluid in my pelvis and had Pelvic Inflammatory Disease.

60% caused my Chlymidia - so I had this massive talk about 'safe sex' etc and how to avoid it.........was about to knock my partner of 3 years out as that could have been the only place I could have got it......only to get my results and I didnt have any STD's, thank the lord but felt like they were really judging me when I knew I didnt have anything. (OH didnt get castrated haha)

Then they told me I had Polycystic Ovaries.......................Im not over weight, not hairy, not got acne.
Although I have been on the pill 10 years and this is the first month off so I might turn into the wild woman of borneo yet.

I went to the doctors who said I should start to try and have children now........wow it is a strange feeling not to decide to have children but to be told if you want them medically you should try now.......

Has anyone else been told this??

we always wanted children and planned end of next year but have to bring it forward. But then I wanted to get married first (not that I mind having children before wedlock, my parents still together and not married after 33 years) but I just wanted to look slim and be just the two of us before kids. But I guess I should take heed of the medical advice........I dont even know if I ovulate or get periods yet...

Sorry for the essay just needed to vent and no better place than here where no one judges....thanks for reading x

Replies

• Options
    oh hun, first of all i want to send you a big hug

it seems like you have been through an awful lot lately.

are the doctors going to help in any way re the PCOS?

i just want to send you lots of pma and also lots of babydust for if you decide to try now.

we are all here for you, so vent away all you like, you deserve to with what you have been through/are going through.

xxx
  • Options
    Sorry to hear all that, but you know us girls on here don't mind, thats what we're all here for. I'm glad to hear you didn't castrate oh before you found out in actual fact they'd got it wrong and results were clear lol. Sending you lots of luck in ttc if thats what you've decided to do, and if you decide to wait until you are married, then I wish you all the luck for then xx
  • Options
    Apparently the Pelvic Inflam Disease was caused by one of the cysts bleeding or something......but all healing now.

Think going to TTC soon, wedding can go on the backburner, we will see

Thanks girlies :\)