Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

im soooo broody after pregnancy scare

hi all i had my 1st baby 13 months ago and had a scare in january and now all of a sudden i feel really broody but i know im not ready for another baby as im only 21 and my partner dosent another one just yet. has any1 any tips of getting rid of these feelings

[Modified by: emzin on 07 May 2007 09:49:13 ]

Replies

• sorry no tips but would like to know how to get rid of the feelings as well. i feel really broody, and dh doesnt think he wants any more kids. i keep thinking about being big fat and uncomfortable whilst pg but tbh its not working x
  • my oh says he would like more kids but not yet wait to my wee boy is a bit older but i really cant help the way im feeling. could it be because of the scare that im so broody?
  • yeah def- the scare made you think about it all, a friend of mine had a scare but didnt ever want children. when she found out she wasnt pg she was really upset and then her and her hubby started trying. she says that they prob wld never have tried for a family had it not been for the scare.

do you know when you would like to try? my dh stance is changing. to begin with it was def no now its probably no, hope soon i can persuade him to a maybe no...

• hi my oh kept saying no aswell but now wehave been trying for a year now so they can change there minds my oh is so broody aswell good luck in trying to change there minds xxx
  • Doublebubble I order you to get pregnant again and come back to the pregnancy chat rooms - we miss you there. Bugger your other half, it won't be him in his dressing gown till lunch time!!!! See, I should take over from Dear Deirdre xxxx
  • Thanks Claire! It also wont be him getting up in the middle of the nite to feed them or for that matter it wont be him trying to push a large baby out of a tiny hole-he only has to do the nice bit!!

although im b/feeding im on mini pill as some git at work told my dh that b/feeding wasnt a fail safe form of contraception. am on antibiotic so you never know......actually i do the boys take up so much of my time when i do get to bed all i want to do is sleep......in fact maybe thats how i will sell it to my husband, trying for another babe will mean lots of practise lol
  • I am sooooooooooooooo broody it's untrue, as soon as I came home from hosp I knew I wanted to do it again straight away, but need to wait a year because I had a c section, only 6 months to go and counting!!!!
  • Yeah - go for it, he will weaken eventually. Bloody men they want their cake and eat it, i said I just wish I could find the cake and i'd bloody poison it!! good luck grinding him down xxxxxx
  • i didnt know u had to wait a year to start trying 4 another baby if u had a c/section i had one 13 months ago, i thought about getting a puppy to keep my occupied until my oh changes his mind lol but hes not to keen on that idea either but hopefully ill wear him down sooner or later
  • They advise you wait a year before getting pg, but I'm going to start trying sooner because it took me 11 years to concieve my lo, so I need to crack on!
  • im so glad other people feel like this. I cant help but feel guilty that i want another one, when i read all the posts from people desperate for their first baby it feels wrong to want another when im blessed with two fantastic boys. xx
  • Don't you dare feel guilty!!! It wouldn't matter how many children you have, if you want another baby - thats what you want. I understand what you mean but Its not a prize and its between you and someone who hasn't got any, you mustn't feel bad. By you not having anymore children isn't going to make any difference to a childless couple - so grind your hubby down and get cracking!!!! xxxxxx
  • ive started trying to convince him! my friends are trying for a babe and got her hubby to tell mine how much sex they were having....told him that our dry spell will sudenly become monsoon like if he agrees ha ha! think that he is contemplating it....

its a good job men are led by their willies, it makes our life a little bit easier.

xx
  • Too true, great though isn't it. How is your dog with the babies? (sorry to change the subject!!!) xxx
  • really good, in fact he has been amazing with the boys but not so with visitors,
    he is really protective of the boys and if someone that he doesnt know is holding them and they start crying he starts growling and wont stop till the person gives them back. i was really worried when i brought them home from hospital as i had been away for nearly 3 weeks, he was excitable to begin with as i kept the boys away from him but as soon as i went out the room dh let him lick their heads, after that he was fine. i was worried as he is a rescue dog and he is quite big but he is great. x
  • Thats reassuring. They are like children aren't they - and I'm worrying mine are going to have their nose pushed out. Luckily Lola (in picture) is pretty sedate most of the time, but Hugo is a bit of a noser, but providing he gets a walk everyday - which my husband is good at - I'm sure they'll be fine. Did you send something home from the hospital that smelt of the boys and what type of dog is he?
  • The blue cross said that Finlay was a doberman cross. He was found as a stray in Ireland and tbh he is a proper heinz 57, bless him. spoke to my vet about it all as Finn was our baby and didnt want him to feel left out. vet said to include him into our lives and try and keep to his routine. a friend of ours had a dog and as soon as the baby arrived they made it sleep in the garden, it started turning into a horrible dog, really snappy but you can hardly blame it.

And yes dh brought home baby clothes and let him sniff them and i def think it helped as the baby clothes also smelt of me and i think that really helped him. i also think that he knew things were about to change, no doubt Lola and Hugo (love the names) realise already. i do think if they are allowed to have a quick lick of the baby the accept it quicker. xx
  • Thanks - my friend has two sausage dogs - can never spell the right name - and they wrere her children before having real life ones, and she said the same, everyone used to freak if the dogs went near the baby, but she let them get on with it for a while, and then they got bored and just accepted him. I'm going to try and not be too precious about it, they were here first and their life isn't going to change that much. They are both pretty lazy so one walk for them a day is enough, we have a big garden, and our house is a fair size so if they can't stand the screaming from me or the baby, they can go in the other living room for some peace and quiet. And they sleep in the kitchen anyway so hopefully it won't be too painful for them. The dogs will probably be fine, it will be me and my husband that will loss the plot!!!
  • ive been off the site for a few days claire as been really ill, you have managed to make me laugh already...new and improved??? lol and i didnt think the old claire needed changing!

re dogs def think not being precious is the answer and I now have funny image of you and baby screaming whilst Hugo and Lola laze around in the lounge with out a care in the world x
  • Thats pretty much what happens here most of the time, without the baby of course, Lola in particular is a bit of a diva! Sorry to hear you haven't been well - how have you coped with two little ones and feelng crap yourself? Hope your better xxxx