Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sexes and baby names

2»

Replies

• We're definately going to find out, I don't think I could hold out not knowing! Plus it means we would only argue over one set of names!

For a girl I think we're pretty much settled on Stella (DH's choice) or Rosheen (my choice) but I also love Aurelia and Ava. Boys...the ones I like that DH thinks are 'tolerable' are Archie and Dexter.

good name choices, my OH wants ava but thats what we named our cat...i dont know if thats allowed lol!! i keep changing my mind about names...i actually wrote a list (maybe i shouldnt tell people that...lol) of names i like ;\)
  • We never found out with other 2 and won't be this time either. I love that moment when they're nearly out and you give that final push knowing you'll find out in a minute...
    We have two girls and will be just as happy with another one or a son - or twins as I have always secretly hoped for and now the girls want too!!

Ethan is pretty popular here in Cambs too and I was amazed to come across 2 families (who don't know each other) with an Ethan and a Logan and here we are with someone else liking them for brothers! They must be the same 'type' of name I guess.

DH and I tend to agree on most names, we both loved Beth but I thought it suited a very assertive girl and didn't want to have a delicate little flower with a strong name (if that makes sense) so we lengthened it to Bethany and now she is Beth or Bee mostly! With the second we hadn't totally decided between Natalie and Katrina and when she was born (at home with Bee cutting the cord aged 8) the mw asked if we had a name and bee said Katrina so that was that! We tend to call her Kitty tho
    My Grandpa (mum's dad) died last year and I would like to name a boy after him but DH doesn't like his first name (Denis - tho I love it and it is also my dad's middle name and his mum's maiden name so on both sides of my family and I've tried to persuade him when I was pregnant with the girls in case we had a boy!!) so we have compromised on Denny Alexander which I love and to be honest I don't think DH will even try to say no as it's for Grandpa image
    For a girl we will definitely have the middle name May as Kitty has Laura after my Nan after she died and so it is fitting that if we have another girl my other nan should be honoured! Both Neil's Nans were (and his mum is) called Elizabeth so we felt Beth had them!
    The girls and I like Delilah May but DH not up for it. We all like Evangeline and wouldn't mind it being shortened to Evie...