Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Where are they?

:\?This is going to sound a bit silly but.... where are your ovaries???

Don't get me wrong, I know the general direction!! (I know they are not in your mouth or anything!! :lol: ) But I have heard of people talking about ovulation pain and I wondered where exactly they are?? Are they in line with your tummy button?? Or down by your hips?? Or inbetween?? Or different for everyone? :\? :\? :\?

Just trying to differentiate between other tummy pains and ovary pain and trying to find out when I ovulate? I promise I'm not mad! image

Thanks girlies xxx

Replies

• Thank you so much! It's one of those questions you feel really stupid asking. Just trying to differentiate between what could be ov pain or a mild irritable bowel symptom. On cd 11 so I wasn't sure!!

Thank you
  • By watching my last couple of cycles i think I get ovulation pain. It feels like a stitch but I get it under my belly (sort of inline with Caesarian Scar) - hard to explain and on either right or left side (but I think ovulation pain is more common on right side) - experiencing it again today and due to ovulate today/tomorrow - hope this helps !!!! - would welcome more info from the others too.
  • By watching my last couple of cycles i think I get ovulation pain. It feels like a stitch but I get it under my belly (sort of inline with Caesarian Scar) - hard to explain and on either right or left side (but I think ovulation pain is more common on right side) - experiencing it again today and due to ovulate today/tomorrow - hope this helps !!!! - would welcome more info from the others too.
  • I agree with Mrs Rich - pubic area! (my computer so slow there was no replies when I posted!!) and as website says just inside your hip bone you can feel pain.
  • definitely agree with that.... mine does last a couple of days too and generally only feel it on the right side so assume if I don't feel the pain I've ov'd from the left that month cos I never feel it from that side.
    xx