Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

tmi alert but need help!

For the last couple of days I have noticed a bit of an unusual smell when I pee - nothing is itching or hurting (sorry tmi) and I shower every day but its a bit odd - I am currently on day 23 of my cycles (but having v irregular periods so doesn't really mean that much) do you think this is a sign of anything or something? Has anyone else had this?

Replies

• sorry I can't help with this one, try drinking more see if that helps.
  • Have you eaten anything out of the ordinary lately? I'd agree with plenty of fluids, and if it keeps happening you might need to speak to your doctor. Have you tried having a look on the NHS Direct website in their self help section?

Corinna x
  • Strong smelling urine, especially if its quite dark in colour, generally indicates dehydration, drink plenty of water and you should notice a change by the wkend xxxx
  • Since ttc i have also noticed a shall i say "strange smelling" urine when visiting the loo. Had a urine test at docs last fri 4 something else and they dint pick up on anything.
  • Its so wierd - I am glad I am not the only one! Its not even that it smells bad... just different, I had sort of managed to convince myself that maybe it is the smell of pregnancy lol but I haven't read anything else about this being a symptom so I'm obviously just clutching at straws! Thanks for all your replies its so great to have this place to ask everyone the most intimate questions! Babydust to everyone xx
  • I'm convinced i can smell the folic acid supplements coming through in the urine at certain times of the month more than others (similar to asparagus smell I think!!). Could it be this or maybe it's just a strange quirk of mine!!??
  • Lol possibly - nothing would surprise me about my body at the moment! I am taking sanatogen every day and hubby has agreed to take a multivitiman with extra zinc too!
  • since falling pegnant i have had a funny smell. i have no infection so am guessing its down to pegnancy
  • whats the extra zinc supposed 2 do 4 the oh abbey?
  • Abbey are you serious? NOW I want to test! I have never noticed this smell before... what should I do? How long after you fell did you notice the smell?

Hi Lynz - apparently the zinc is supposed to help produce the little swimmers and make them nice and strong! There are some great articles on this site about ttc and what you and oh should be doing/taking/eating etc

I'm on day 24...
  • hi abbyc
    Im not really sure about the smell of your urine changing during pregnancy, but i s'pose its possible as everything else seems to change lol! I think maybe its too early for you to test at the moment but i wish you good luck for when you can.How long is your cycle normally?Just 28 days?Hope you get the BFP you deserve soon!

charlie x 10+1
  • Hi Charlie092 - well I came off the pill about 3 months ago and so far have only had 2 cycles - one of 40 days and the next on 39 days so realistically I know its probably not what I want it to be. I'm not going to test... I'll wait until day 40 again and if no af I will test. The waiting is terrible.

Hope you are having an easy pregnancy xxx
  • well i found out i was pregnant 6 days before i was due on, so if you do test, dont be to let down it its neg, coz it might not show up. What day are you on now? xx
  • Hi Abbey - I'm now on day 29 and I have a new symptom! The odd smell has gone but now I feel I have to pee every half hour! Its like something is pressing on my bladder! There is no pain/itching or anything and its completely bizarre - have never had it before. I have no other 'pregnancy' symtoms at all - no sore boobs etc... still think I may give it till day 40 and then test if I still haven't come on... what do you think? What v early symptoms did you get?

My problem is that because I have only had two periods since I've been off the pill and both v long cycles I have no clue when I am due on or anything. I read somewhere that I may not even be ovulating even though I have had a period?

Aaargh!