Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Urgent Question: Semen Analysis

My DH has finally decided to do his semen analysis today- one problem. He had a trial run yesterday as he is having to do it in work and then I'm going to collect it and take it to the hospital. It says on the letter do not masturbate or BD 48hrs before. Will this majorly affect the results if we do it today?

There isn't really any other time we can do it as e can't get time off work.

Replies

• hhhhmmmm im not sure chick,maybe out this in ltttc also see if you get any answers on this

i do think they wouldnt put it in there for no reason tho if that makes sense
  • I agree with gurdie. they wouldnt say it if there wasn't a reason.
    xxx
  • My hubby has had to have his semen analysed before - you HAVE to abstain, otherwise there isn't enough sperm in the sample for them to run tests on - if he BD'd or masturbated within the 48 hours he will have to re-do the sample, otherwise it comes up with false results - ie he might be told he has low sperm count when he doesnt, etc.

• i agree with the others here that it would stipulate this if it wasnt crucial to the test. is there anyway the sample could be handed in another day this week and just make sure hubbie doesnt use any of his juice up till then,
  • Can any one tell me about the following Semen Analysis? is it Normal or not? Test Collection Time of Collection:20 mnts abstinence time=2 days Phys Exam volume=2 ml. Color=White p.H=Alkaline Liquification Time=15 mnts Viscosity=(++) Motility  Fast Movement=45% Slow Movement=30% Non-Motile=25% Count/ml=130 million/ml total count=260 million/ml Morp Normal =85% Abnormal=15% Cell Elm Pus Cells=8-10 Red Cells=Nil Epethelial Cells=Nil Spermatoza aggltination=Nil