Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

cramps for days....why ?

hey ladies..
have been tryin to research whats goin on but u guys seem to be alot more knowledgeable on this ttc n symtom spottin so i'm hoping someone can help me out

as far as i'm aware i ov 4 days ago, currently on cd20...at least i think i did ov as i got cramps n very sore boobs........had twinges to the left lower part of me n then the day after the cramps moved to centre....these twinges have stayed there ever since n are soft.....like i feel like my af is coming!...boobs have stopped killing now.......am producin a fair bit of cm....sorry tmi....ANd my toast tasted like croissants this morning which was a nice surprise yet weird.

i know i'm prob reading into it all too much n getting slightly obsessed by the whole symtom spottin but i thought ov cramps only last a day or so??

han xx

Replies

• Hi Hannah,

I'm only on my second cycle off the pill and asked a similar question recently as had AF pains for about 4 days but no AF. That started at CD23 but I'm now on CD 28 and the cramps are just coming and going so am still expecting AF to turn up any day now. I've also had sore boobs since OV. A couple of the girls on here replied that they had a lot of cramping on thier first couple of months off the pill as the body is still adjusting. It has certainly been a strange cycle for me!. Also, I got a BFN when tested on Friday so have ruled pregnancy for me. Just waiting for the witch to show up!

I don't know if you were recently off the pill but hope this helps a little. x
  • hey thhanks for ur reply
    i was on the pill n have been for about 14 yrs so its been ages since i've really known what a typical cycle is for me. cramps seemed to have gone now so i guess i'll jus have to wait n see

i wouldn't rule it out for yourself darl, u tested early! u mite still get a bfp

thanks han x
  • I've been off 4 years and get cramps during OV and CD24-26. They go away and hit hard the night before AF. I get the white cm during this time. My doctor says it's normal. It's just my body gearing up for the witch to come. I've had three miscarriages and still got the cramps CD24-26. Nobody knows what's wrong with me :-/
  • Hi girls! I'm in the same boat, on my first cycle after years on cerazette. I'm CD29 today but couldn't track OV too well as I was abroad and my apps wouldn't work!

I've had cramps for 5/6 days now but this evenings are very much like AF used to be image I also have sore boobs and really want to eat cabbage and lots of it!! Had a BFN this morning so maybe I'm just reading too much into things. 

Not sure when AF will show but I'm hoping she doesn't! 

Ive vey read about women getting BFNs until 19dpo so there's still hope for us yet image

• Have you got any update Hannah and Opal? 

Im on CD32 with no AF and a BFN this morning image 

hope you've got some good news! X