Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

long cycles grp

cant find the other post and was just wondering how everyone was getting on? What CD are you now? My update.. i'm now CD53, last cycle was 38days and that was my first after the pill. Getting a bit worried now. Had a BFN a few days a go and still no signs of AF. Been off the pill 3 months now and the leaflet does say delayed periods are rare. Do you think its too soon to go the Drs. Any advice from ppl who have already been?

Replies

• Hi I have been off pill now since december 07 and we have been TTC for nearly 3 months now. Cycles have been 101, 28, 77 and currently CD 87!!
    I have been to the doctors and as i had never had regular cycles even before going on the pill they did bloods which suggested i have PCOS so i was referred for a scan. Scan confirmed PCOS and I have now been presricbed clomid to help me OV.
    So really hoping for bfp soon.
    XXX
  • Hi i will join you. came off the pill in May, had normal withdrawl bleed then had 29 day cycle then had 51 day last month and currently on cd33 so god knows how long this one will be, no more than 50 im hoping!!!
    i went to the docs for peace of mind and he was really nice, i dont worry so much now so if you want to go even if its just so you can put your mind at rest then i say go...there's no harm xxx good luck hun

sweetie123 - i cant believe you ar still waiting you poor thing. at least your getting somewhere now and can be treated xx
  • I can't imagine how frustrating that must be, I always feel very lucky that I have a regular 28 day cycle. I don't think it is too soon to go, they are there to offer advise, but if you are worried, then go to the Family Planning Clinic instead xx Hope you are sorted soon
  • Hi girls,

Can I join cd57 for me...no bfp of af???????????
    Back to docs about PCOS again next week, sweetie you have given me hope after post yesterday and it made my mind up about making that appt.

xxx
  • I went to the doctors after four months stopping the pill and no period apart from my withdrawal bleed. They ordered blood tests for hormone levels and thyroid problems, and told me to come back if periods weren't normal after six months of stopping.

When I went back, the doctor said when I got my next period, he'd do a 21 day blood test to check if I was ovulating. And ordered SA for my OH.

Luckily, I'd actually already got my BFP when I went that time, but just didn't know it. So, good luck if with the docs, and just to say, don't lose heart yet.
  • Hi Pineapp1e

It's day 106 for me today without af since stopping the pill in June!!!!!

I went to the Doctor last month and they did a blood test for pregnancy which was negative and then like Flush they also did a test to check my hormone levels which were okay. They said if nothing happened either way before November to go back and they would investigate further (not sure what though).

If you haven't been already, there's no harm going to your Doctor to let them know what's happening. Mine was very reassuring, saying it can take 6 months for some people to regulate again after stopping the pill but because they could see I was concerned said they would investigate further. I also think she said the current guidelines said they could begin investigations after 3 months; so if that's the case there's no reason why you couldn't go and see what they have to say.

I think I might have ovulated last weekend so am hoping that af arrives next week. We won't have got bfp as we couldn't bd as I was on anti-biotics.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. x

• sometimes its just nice to know you're not alone =)
    Sweetie its a good job you came off the pill before you started ttc (wish i'd done that). I'll watch this space for your BFP soon! Can i ask do you have any of the other signs of PCOS or just the delayed AFs?

Dont know why i'm so worried about going the Drs, think i feel like they'll think i'm wasting time. Decided though i will make an appointment when i'm nearing 60days - which is v soon and hopefully i'll have bloods or soemthing done... although theres another worry... anyone else not like needles??

Flush - i remember reading your post about the pos OV sticks and then the BFP, thanks for being our PMA!!

I'll keep you posted and good luck to everyone else, babynumber1, surely its your turn for Af next in not BFP;\)

[Modified by: Pineapp1e on September 27, 2008 02:17 PM]

• Hi Pineapple

I came off the pill in April, had a withdrawal bleed as normal then nothing. Went the doctors after 3 months. He said it can take quite a while for your body to get back to normal but to come back in 3 months if I still hadn't had a period. Said I was right to come and see him if I was concerned. Anyway, I finally had a period the following week. Started charting after that. Next cycle I OVd after 28 days so that was a HUGE relief. But now on CD32 off this cycle and no sign of OV yet. Feels like I'm going backwards!
    I've been on a mission to warn my friends about this as i had no idea it could take months. Two have come off the pill already!
    We should all spread the word!
    Most doctors don't warn you when you go for your pill, I even asked mine a year ago if I should come off a few months before we wanted to TTC and he said 'no need, hormones leave your body straightaway, that is why you can get pregnant from a missed pill'. Made it all sound so easy!!

Well enough of my rant, it's good to know that you're not the only one at least! Let's all hope we are regular as clockwork before long....

xx
  • heya girlies i just thought id add, i went to see my doctors as i was on CD 78 and fed up!
    i explained my situation and he basically said come back in six months time if AF not arrived yet!
    i told him id be back in 2-3 months max is AF still wasnt here!

no chance am i waiting that long, ive not had a period since JULY! despite stopping the pill in dec and since stopping ive had regular 30-35day cycles.

its sooooo confusing, i last tested about a month ago and havnt since as i dont feel preg so i think itd be a waste.

my docs didnt even ask if id tested/had any preg symptoms.
    i left there feeling very let down and rushed out.
    am going to go back in Nov if the witch hasnt found me yet xx
  • Hi Kimxx

That is so cr*p! It amazes me how much one doc can differ from the next with their advice. You could try ringing your surgery and see if someone will call you back for a quick chat, save you waiting for an appointment? Maybe ask for a female doc? Perhaps they would be more sympathetic.
    Fingers crossed for you.
    xx
  • Hey fellow long cyclers,

I thought I'd join in and add my tuppance worth. I came off the pill in May and had my normal withdrawal bleed. Since then my cycles have been pretty long. First one was 35 days, then 45 and 40 most recently. Before the 45 day one, I went to the docs as I was a bit worried and she basically waved me away telling me there was nothing to worry about and we should just carry on BDing. I think her exact words were -crack on!' I know my cycles aren't as long as some of you and I'm hoping they might be reducing slightly, but its just so frustrating when you know you've got such a long wait until you've got any chance of OVing. And I don't even know if I am oving. Started doing temps this month, so hopefully this should give me some idea.

Just wanted to say good luck to all you long cyclers. Flush really does give us hope that we might get our BFPs soon too!

xx
  • Hi to all long cyclers.

I joined this group on the last thread having had stupid cycles of 60+, 49 days, 46 days, 27 days (random!) and that's literally all I had in a year (so many months went by where I didn't have any AF at all and got fed up counting!)

Anyway, much to my immense suprise I got my BFP this morning when I least expected it - thought I was on CD6!!!!

There is hope for anyone with long/infrequent cycles - it took me a year but we got there in the end (although am still not quite sure I believe it). I will be hanging around the ttc forum for a good while yet...

Good luck to you all, your time will def come.
    Babydust
    xxxxx
  • Thanks for that post, we all need to hear a success story of someone in the same boat to keep up the PMA!

I'm on CD34 with no sign of OV yet, have been temping and staying off the booze but going to a wedding on Sat then to Portugal on Sun for a holiday . Have decided to have a nice break, leave the thermometer at home and have a few glasses of wine! Forget all the baby stuff for a week and just enjoy myself.

While I'm here, anyone tried Agnus Castus for their long cycles?

• I started taking it this cycle but stopped when I think I ov'ed... now waiting for AF! It is meant to be brilliant but can only say what I have heard as still month 1 TTC. Good luck and have a fab holiday! Some sunshine is just what I need right now! x
  • Girls - Moonin was the same and she recently got her BFP. I know a while ago Pink Toothbrush had the same problem - so please don't give up.

I agree that it is utterly, utterly crap that no-one warns you about this when they prescribe the pill. And I think doctors should take the concerns about it seriously. I kept telling my OH that if he hadn't ejaculated for sixty days, he'd expect someone to do something, when he told me to try to be calm about it....

BUT you could all easily get your BFP before it seems your cycles have settled. Every day that passes is getting you closer to the BFP and you're saving a fortune on tampons (although I bought a fair few pg tests to make up for that). C'mon, you can do it!
  • Ah, Flush, thanks for that, did make me chuckle! And ta Little Toad. Yeah, just have to keep thinking, could OV any day and get my BFP in as little as two weeks so silly to fret!
    I took Agnus Castus for two months when I first came off the pill but then stopped when it didn't seem to be working. But looking back, I've realised I possibly OVed for the first time just after stopping. So hard to say if it was a help or a hindrance! Have started on it again now, just want to be doing something to help things along!

• lol, tampons - what are they?
    I was also thinking of trying agnus castus, the only down side to it i've heard is some people bleed a lot longer than norm, sometimes for weeks! I'm getting desperate thoughimage

I'll test tomorrow although i know the outcome and then i'm making an appointment with the family planning clinic as Socks suggested. I didnt even think of that but we have one attatched to our Drs - hopefully they'll be a bit more 'interested' and pro active about it.
    Erm, has anyone exaggerated things a bit to their Drs? I was wondering if i should add on an extra cycle or a few more days to this one? I just dont want to be told the whole 6 months rubbish. Would that be very wrong? =/
  • haha Flush you ar funny!

I bought some Agnus Castus but decided not to take it as i thought last month was a one off and that this month ould be fine! lol silly me...im on CD35 now and not sure if iv ov or not, think possibly the 15th imay have but that would mean af should be here by now and its not so i have no idea. i shall wait patiently!!(like ive got any choice)
    but next month i am def going to tak AC to see if it can shorten my cycle image
  • Im on cd2. Third cycle off the pill 39days. (first 40 and second 102 days)
    I hope my body is sorting its self out now!! x
  • I er.... sort of exaggerated. I said I'd stopped in February when it was actually march...