Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

New to this...

Hi Ladies

This is my first ever time in a chat room but having spent the past few hours reading your conversations I thought you seemed a nice bunch to chat to!

I wonder if you can tell me first of all how I get up to speed with the acronyms? Is there a list some where on the website?

A bit of back ground on my situ....I got married in Sept 06 and have been off the pill since June 06 but no baby so far. Hoping it will be soon though. My hubby and I are 31 and everyone around me seems to be pregnant, hoping it will be our turn soon.

So come on what tips do you have for me....

Replies

• Hi Jane thanks for your reply. So let me get this right, you are now pregnant yeah? Sounds like you have had lots of ups and downs, sorry to hear you had a m/c. So what ov kit have you used? I have tried the Clearblue tests for the past two months and the first month it agreed with what I thought, that I ov on day 19 and then last month there was no sign of a peak at this time. I am just worried that I will base everything on the test and should maybe just try having sex more often!?! (Hubby likes that idea!!)
  • Hi Amberley, good luck ttc (trying to conceive) hope it goes well for you. Im around 6 weeks pg and had sex around ovulation for only 2 mths so i was v.lucky. Take care xxx
  • hi Amberley,welcome to the site.ive been ttc my 2nd baby for about 5months.good luck xx
  • hi amberley
    im 31 ,have 3 kids and after 2 misc ,i placenta abruption and 1 placenta praveia .i have been trying 2 yrs 2 months for no 4.i cant help you get preg but can keep you company whilst waiting for it to happen good luck
  • Hi Amberley - I'm new to this too - am 33 and this is my first month of ttc for baby no 1 (I hope!) Good luck to everyone this month. x
  • Good luck to you too ttc then Nessa xxx
  • Hi all, In answer to the original question, I do believe that somewhere there is a list of these definitions, though being completely useless I couldn't tell you where - sorry! What abbreviations are you stuck on?
    Tracey xx
  • Hi All, thanks for your kind messages, it is a comfort to know there are others in the same boat. Nessa good luck with month 1. Two of my friends have recently fallen month one so you might be lucky too. I think if I'm honest I just have to try harder although I find it quite odd initiating sex when you know it's just because you want a baby, does that make sense??? Ok Tracey so I think I've sussed ttc is trying to conceive and o/h is other half, what about IUI? (well I think that was it!?!)