Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Please help... still no period

Hi,

I am really worried to the point of panic. I have been using the pill for 9 years and just over six months ago I come off the pill. I was taking Microgynon. I have been off them now for over 6 months and I am yet to have my period. Before I was put onto Microgynon my periods were very irregualar in any case.

I am getting marrried in September this year and I have the perfect start to life with my partner. I am so worried, I have kept this bottled up for months, only tonight I have summoned up the courage to confide in my partner. We have talked about things and he is going to search for someone that may be able to help.

I cannot go to my GP. I don't have the confidence I need in him, aside from that I run my own Physiotherapy practice and I regularly write to all the GP's in the area for my clients. I can't face them. My partner has suggested we see a private clinic to see if I have any real problems.

I am so convinced that I have a real problem. I really just need some assurance or so direction. I really don't know what to do from here. I am so scared.

Thank you, Alex

Replies

• Oh hunny, you've definitely come to the right place - many ladies on here have waited months for their AF to arrive after coming off the pill and then gone on to have positive pregnancy tests. It's really good that your partner is being very understanding and supportive and it sounds like a good idea to go private if you don't want to see the gps in your area. Sending you lots of PMA and hope that you get the answers that you are looking for. Em x
  • Hi there sweetie and welcome to the site,
    Please don't panic. I was on the pill 10 years and came off in Sept last year and up until this month i had no af (period) either (6 months). I've been for blood tests which came back normal so was just told that i had to be patient! (yeah like thats possible when ttc). I had 2 courses of reflexology and a few days after my af came. Have you tried reflexology, i would sugggest giving it a go. I'm am now waiting for my second af to come as BFN this month and am have a session of reflex tonight so fingers crossed. Good luck hun, if this doesn't help go private. ps i was on dianette. There is always someone here to talk to so please don't feel alone. Sxx
  • Hiya hun, there are loads of girlies on here that have trouble with their a/fs, me included, im the same as Slow, im waiting for my 2nd a/f, my 1st one took about 13 weeks to come, and i have been to the docs lots of times, im due to go back in a few weeks if i still havent come on! ive also had bloodtests and all is well except i wasnt ovulating! ive been on the pill around 6 years, was on Dianette for the majority of the time, then i changed to another but only for a month before coming off completely.

The 1st time i went the docs they said some peoples ovaries slow down, and the unlucky ones like me theirs stops completely due to the pill, so they firstly told me to wait until it comes,so i waited and waited! i went back and he sed that they have things they can give you to help "kickstart" ur ovaries and cycle to get u back on track, they sent me for my blood test and the next thing will be these tablets i think if i still havent come on. So i suggest you go to the docs hun even if its seeing another doctor, they really did make me feel better about it the fact they can help me, some docs are crap but u just have to keep going back until they listen, i went until they listened to me! hope this has helped, ur not alone and we are here to talk! xxxx
  • Hiya hun, there are loads of girlies on here that have trouble with their a/fs, me included, im the same as Slow, im waiting for my 2nd a/f, my 1st one took about 13 weeks to come, and i have been to the docs lots of times, im due to go back in a few weeks if i still havent come on! ive also had bloodtests and all is well except i wasnt ovulating! ive been on the pill around 6 years, was on Dianette for the majority of the time, then i changed to another but only for a month before coming off completely.

The 1st time i went the docs they said some peoples ovaries slow down, and the unlucky ones like me theirs stops completely due to the pill, so they firstly told me to wait until it comes,so i waited and waited! i went back and he sed that they have things they can give you to help "kickstart" ur ovaries and cycle to get u back on track, they sent me for my blood test and the next thing will be these tablets i think if i still havent come on. So i suggest you go to the docs hun even if its seeing another doctor, they really did make me feel better about it the fact they can help me, some docs are crap but u just have to keep going back until they listen, i went until they listened to me! hope this has helped, ur not alone and we are here to talk! xxxx

• ooopsy! sorry bout that my computers just gone doo-lally one me and sent it 3 times! ooops sorry : )