Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Spots !! can anyone help please??

Hello ladies

I hope everyone is ok, from reading the other threads on here it seems we have had a bit of a rollercoaster week - fingers crossed next week will be better ??????

I came off the pill in July and everyone thing was fine to begin with but now a few months down the track I'm getting very spotty - my face and now back and chest have lots of horrible small red painful spots that seem to stay around for ever, I use to get this with AF when I was on the pill but they now seem her to stay and they are really getting me down, I feel about 15 again and not in a good way!
I have bought a few products that I hoped would help but I don't see a huge difference, dose anyone else have this problem or can anyone please tell me what to do????

On a more positive note I got my first high on my CBFM this morning WOOHOO! Plus I had AF like pains yesterday so dose that mean they might have been ovulation pains?

Thanks again ladies for your ongoing support and kindness - baby dust to all xxx

Replies

• I'm also covered in spots. From what I can understand it's because the pill contains high amounts of oestrogen and progestorone- female hormones. When you come off the pill your testosterone levels increase and that can cause the glands in your skin to produce too much sebum which causes spots. My AFs seem to have stopped since coming off the pill but I am so spotty and like you, it lasts for ages. I haven't found a way to get rid of them or prevent them. I think it's probably best to keep your skincare routine the same as you skin might become sensitive to any product or routine changes at the mo. It's probably just a sign that all your hormones are going strong and preparing your body for pregnancy xx
  • I'm also covered in spots. From what I can understand it's because the pill contains high amounts of oestrogen and progestorone- female hormones. When you come off the pill your testosterone levels increase and that can cause the glands in your skin to produce too much sebum which causes spots. My AFs seem to have stopped since coming off the pill but I am so spotty and like you, it lasts for ages. I haven't found a way to get rid of them or prevent them. I think it's probably best to keep your skincare routine the same as you skin might become sensitive to any product or routine changes at the mo. It's probably just a sign that all your hormones are going strong and preparing your body for pregnancy xx
  • hello i have always suffered on and off with spots I havent been getting many at the min.
    I still get a few on and off but i use germolene every morning/evening on my face on the areas that need it. even if i dont have any spots i still use it to prevent them. spots are like little infections and germolene is an antoseptic. It does say for use on spots so dont worry :lol:
    Although if you do start using it i would recomend using after BD and its a passion killer :lol:

gems xx
  • Hi littlebug

I can totally sympathise with you. Even when i was on the pill, i suffered small monthly breakouts, but nothing to make me hide away. however, wheni came off the pill, i was plagued for a couple of months with terrible skin, my whole face, forehead, cheeks, nose, chin, temples-was covered in big red lumps. It has died down over time ( i came off the pill over 2 years ago, but the first 6 months were the worst) My god send has been switching to organic natural face products. Have a look at Ren skincare, and Miessence. The miessence looks more expensive at first, but their stuff lasts for ages,so is worth the money. I noticed a big improvement when switching to chemical free face products.

hope this helps, and good luck

lisa
    xxx
  • thank you for the advise ladies

i shall investigte image

p.s good to hear im not in the only one, actually a friend of mine who is also TTC is having the same problem so now when i notice people suddenly getting spotty i will wonder if they are trying lol

xxxx
  • LittleBug....you are not alone!!! I have spots all over my neck and jawline...so annoying but have a friend who was spotty until she got her BFP!! Really think the gentle products are the best as they don't add irritation.The harsh 'spot' products take so much oil out of the skin that it makes the problem worse as then your skin makes even more oil to replace it!!!!! Hope it settles down soon for us all. xxx
  • Ooh g/c from planning just to say i'm having that same problem, lots of spots, greasy skin and hair. Glad its not just me! Hope it goes soon!
  • I too have been getting very spotty since stopping the pill. They are mainly on my chin but also now have some on my back, ewww! They aren't huge and red but just feel more raised when i touch them. Still not nice though! Oh the glamour of TTC! x
  • Jojoba oil! It's amazing stuff, especially for women with oily skin. Google it! image xXx