Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Implanon & ttc

Hello everyone,

Have been viewing this chatroom for a while as we were thinking of starting ttc early next year - lots of fab stuff/info! Went home last night and hubby said he thinks we should bring ttc forward, I am very happy with this, the clock is ticking! Have just been and brought pregnacare supplements to start taking and we are thinking of starting ttc in a couple of months. Thing is I currently have the implanon implant fitted, had no problems with it, usually have a period one every 8 weeks - went to the doctor a few weeks back just to find out when to have it taken out and she advised I can have it out anytime and we can start trying immediately - I was keen to have a couple of real periods first to find out what my cycle is but as we have brought ttc forward should I just have it out in 2 months and start ttc asap, I don't want to get stressed about it and I guess it will happen when it happens, as far as I know we are both fine but as we have been trying not to get pregnant for 12 years who knows!

Any advice/experience would be great. XX

Replies

• hi summerlove,welcome to the site.ive never had implanon implant so dont know much about it,but my advice would be to have it taken out now,if you want to have a couple of months to suss out the lengths of your cycles.you could always use condoms in the meantime. good luck when you do start ttc.love Gayle xx
  • I was on the pill not the implant but was told that it could take 3-6 months to be back to normal. So we came to decision to come off it now and see what happens. Our bodies can do strange things. My first period started on Friday after nearly 40 days and then has only lasted 3 which is not normal for me. But we are feeling that if it happened now it would be fine so its a risk we can take. If you come of implant now you could fall straight away or it might take a while so would suggest you don't come off it until you are happy to fall but remember that it might take several months to get regular and don't leave it so long that when you want it to happen you are then frustrated waiting.

Only you can work out when this time will be. hope that helps....
  • Hey Gayle & Speckles - thanks for your replies. I wouldn't feel comfortable ttc until I know my folic acid levels are topped up so will def keep implant in for a couple of months and then may use condoms for a bit and there is a greater chance of falling with condoms wouldn't want to risk it now . Hoping not to get too hung up on if I am ovulating and still enjoy just being a couple and having sex...we'll see!