Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Question about conception, can anyone help?

this is probably going to make me sound really thick but me and bf want to start trying this month for another baby so i checked my chart on fertility friend and it says that my most fertile days were the last three days and i should be ovulating today. It says that you need to start trying before you start ovulating to have the best chance of conception, does this mean that, as we havent tried the last 3 days, there isnt much chance of concieving now if we try this month???Im new to this and im so confused!!

Replies

• Hi, don't worry you're not being thick at all! The reason it says that you need to start trying before you start ovulating to have the best chance of conception, is that when the egg is released (ovulation) it only survives for about 24 hours, so, if you have sex in the 3 days before you ovulate there's more chance of lots of sperm around to fertilize the egg as soon as it's released. If you think you're ovulating today then it's not too late, I'd try today and tomorrow, you never know! Hope that makes sense. Try this website http://www.askdramy.com/ovulationcalc.html

Good luck!
  • thanks nessa, fingers crossed
  • Hi Debs - no worries. Good luck ttc! image