Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

HELP - removing acrylic nails??!!

got a set on, had them done about 3 weeks ago, and looking to take them off at home - i'm armed with nail polish remover with acetone in it.. am i right in thinking it will work ??? thanks x

Replies

• Hi Issy,

I think it should work if you soak your nails in the nail polish remover, the acetone should 'melt' the acrylic.

If in doubt, google it! image

Lx
  • ah ok, yeah been googling lol, i think it should work.

thanks x
  • Issy22, I have been a nail technician in a former life! It will take a while, but acetone nail varnish remover will work. It works best if you put some hot water in a large bowl, then put the bowl with the acetone in it, into the hot water so that it is warming it up. with a towel over your hand. Do one hand at a time, because you will need to GENTLY file the melted acyrilic off. Are they Creative?
  • oh thanks MrsHarvey! image nope they are just standard white tips with pink body.

They have started to grow out now, and have a gap of about 2-3 mm and was going to get some infills, but they wanted ??25.00, so thought i'd just take them off and get some aqua gels on.. until they told me it would be ??45 for the set! OMG lol.

but no, just going to have them manicured and look after them myself, as i have very nce long nails naturally.

What do you suggest? is it best not to use acrylics and just have them manicured? thanks hun xx
  • oh thanks MrsHarvey! image nope they are just standard white tips with pink body.

They have started to grow out now, and have a gap of about 2-3 mm and was going to get some infills, but they wanted ??25.00, so thought i'd just take them off and get some aqua gels on.. until they told me it would be ??45 for the set! OMG lol.

but no, just going to have them manicured and look after them myself, as i have very nce long nails naturally.

What do you suggest? is it best not to use acrylics and just have them manicured? thanks hun xx
  • Nail envy is fantastic once you have taken them off!!! I bought my mum some for christmas and her nails are beautiful!! A manicure will make them look lovely, without extensions!

??45 is a bit steep!!!!! OMG!!! Not surprised you said no!!! It is probably because it will take so long to take them off. As I said, one hand at a time and be patient, just gently buff the top once they have started to disolve. Then put them back in the acrylic, let them disolve again, then buff with a file. Good luck. xx
  • have you not got another nail place, my set were ??25 to put on and ??10 to take off thats a bit steep
  • have you not got another nail place, my set were ??25 to put on and ??10 to take off thats a bit steep