Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does anyone else feel like me?

I had a m/c back in September and it was a difficult experience. Since then, when I think about the future and having a baby, I just get this deep down feeling- it feels like I will never get pregnant and have a baby. I can't explain it. Its right down in the base of my stomach. I see friends with babies and think that it was so easy for them and so obvioulsy meant to be. But with me, it feels like it just won't ever happen. I really want a baby, more than anything but am having a job visualising my future and ever getting pregnant and having a baby successfully.
Does anyone else feel like this? Has anyone felt like this, got pregnant and had a baby. Would really appreciate some opinions.
I am over the m/c, just longing for a baby of my own.:\(

Replies

• Lily, I do understand exactly how you feel, it took me 11 years to have Jake. I had a m/c in early 1996 and had in November last year, I know I am in the extreme of how long it took to concieve, and virtually everyone will fall sooner than that! I had that feeling too, used to imagine myself as an old woman, all alone. I still think about the m/c now, sometimes more because I know what I lost now, but I thank my lucky stars every day for what I have. I lost 2 relationships over this, but I'm glad it happened when it did with the person I am with etc, he is truely me soul mate. I want more children, but am scared of trying, I think I should start now if it's going to take that long, but hopefully it wont next time. Anyway what my waffleing is meant to tell you is that what you are feeling is normal, I'm not sure what other advice I can give you, but remember you're not alone sweetie.xx
  • Yes I did feel like exactly like that. I felt that I was never going to have a family and I was the same that i couldn't even where our live was going. I had my miscarriage in Nov after trying for two years. I am 33 next week and my husband is 39 so we were sick of comments about - waiting for us to have a baby- like we weren't. I was really lucky to have one period and fell straight away, which is surprising as me and my husband weren't getting on because I was so miserable because I was literally desperate to get pregnant again,and so I was blaming him for everything.

I hated all pregnant woman even if they were my friends, I just couldn't feel happy for them, espically if I heard them moaning about - anything pregnancy related. It is really hard but what you are feeling is pretty much what I was feeling like and you think that nobody else understands but we do.

I had that awful feeling that this is it now - just the two of us, and you do feel like sometimes its a blur.
    How long have you been trying and how old are you - if you don't mind me asking, xxxx
  • Hi lilpingu,

I feel like that when i think about starting to try for a baby which we are going to be doing in 18 days time when we get married. When i think about trying I get a sickly feeling thinking that either it won't happen, or that something will go wrong or that something bad will happen during the labour and either me or the baby will die. i just want it so much

I try to stay positive about our hopes and remember that most people do convince in the first year and that i should relax about it. that said i have read all i can on ttc her and on the web and bought the ovulation sticks already and sperm friendly lubricant think i will do everything i can to increase our chances but keep trying also to remember that even if things are right that it is only a 20% chance it will happen each month.

Sorry if i have rambled and not answered your questions

i haven't had a m/c so cant offer any advice other than i hope it doesn't happen again to you and i am sorry for the pain it must of caused you.

try to stay positive Jilly x
  • Yes i understand, ...but honestly it will happen! It happened before and even though there was a bad outcome that time it's been proven that you can get pregnant.

I had a miscarriage at 11wks back in 2000 and i thought i'd never be lucky enough to ever get pregnant again, let alone have a baby of my own but now i am currently expecting baby no.3 and feel blessed to the tips of my toe's that each of them are healthy and well!

I'm having my 3rd girl and when people ask me if i know what i'm having, i feel in two minds about whether to tell them or not as often when i tell them i get the dissapointed 'look' and the "oh well, nevermind! maybe a boy for you next time" I didn't plan on being pregnant so soon after having my second child and that the fact that she's "another girl" doesn't make her any less special.

I hope it doesn't take too much longer for you to get your baby ...it will happen though! Good luck xXx
  • Hi all- claire21 basically summarised how I feel. Its good to know that I am not the only one. Thank you Jilly for your kind comments, your stat on there being a 20% chance every month makes me feel better- Its easy to blame yourself every month when AF arrives. I wish you all the best with ttc- it will work out image
    Claire in response to your question I am 28 and DH and I started trying back in August and by September I was pg and by the end of pg I had had a m/c. Since then, nothing has happened. I am very irregular, but have identified that I have alternate length cycles- one month is a 40+ day cycle, the other month is a 30+ day cycle. This month is a 30+ day one. So I'm quite hopeful of maybe getting lucky! I think getting anxious about ttc is not helping. Being desperate is not good for the soul or the body!!
  • hi girls i feel exactly the same i also feel like i will neva get a baby or if i do get pg again something will go wrong i think it must be normal for us to feel like this coz it is difficult to be positive when we have been through such a traumatic experience all i can say is just try everything u can possible to get pg and stay healthy coz there is a few things ive learned this time around basically i am now taking folic acid b4 i get pg and also vit e is known to prevent m/c and also when tryin to concieve it isnt an old wives tale u shud raise ur hips ie put a pillow under ur bum when ttc and after the deed put ur legs in the air coz it helps get the sperm to the correct place so hope this helps chat soon an gud luck em xx
  • What Emma has said about putting your legs in the air DOES work! I did it and it worked! Give it a go xxx