Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Does having your coil removed interrupt your cycle?

Hi all,

How are you all doing today?

Can anyone tell me if having your coil removed changes your cycle at all? I have the non hormonal coil and I am wondering when to get it removed.

We are going to start ttc after our holiday in August, and I'd quite like to have it removed before then as I will be due to OV pretty much as soon as we get back... I want to take advantage of that post holiday closeness we always have!

We go away on the 21st August, AF will be due around the 25th and I should be OVing around the 12th Sept, we get back on the 6th Sept... the thing is we will be scuba diving on holiday so I don't really want to get pg on holiday but am thinking if it doesn't interrupt my cycle then there shouldn't be any chance anyway...

Sorry I'm waffling now! Just getting my thoughts out!

Sending baby dust to you all image

Lucy xx

Replies

• Hiya,
    Just crashing from baby but I have just had the copper coil fitted having had it previously prior to ttc. As it is non-hormonal it doesnt affect your cycle in anyway so you can fall pregnant as soon as its removed. I caught in the 2nd month of ttc after it was removed - your cycles will remain the same but they advise having it removed at the end of your period as your cervix will be slightly open allowing for easier removal. If you really don't want to fall pregnant prior to your holiday then you could have it removed at the end of your AF PRIOR to holiday and use condoms, or just wait until you get back to have it removed. I personally would have it removed before, makes for more holiday fun so to speak and what a great holiday souvinir to have if you do get a BFP first month!!!!

Good luck!

Becky x
  • Thanks Becky! I would like to have it removed before, just need to chat to my better half now to check he is happy with that!

xx
  • I had a copper coil fitted (for 3 weeks,lmao) when we were on a ttc break and no it didnt change cycle at all. fall pregnant 2 months later as it was! (i think)x

editied to say i had it for 5 weeks,from december had it removed coz i was constanly bleeding and had sever tummy pains (they think it caused me to have PID as it was inserted wrong by trainee doctor) so anyway once removed in january, bleeding stopped, af's went straight back to normal and got bfp in april from bd'ing in march!

[Modified by: wannababy on June 30, 2009 08:47 PM]