Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Cervix Position during the 2ww

I know some ladies use CP when they are charting and write down if its low/high/firm/soft/open/closed etc.

I don't really know anything about it and am wondering what position your cervix is meant to be in during the 2ww if you're pregnant/not pregnant.

Thanks for any replies

:\)

Replies

• Options
    Hi posy

I'm in from lttc for a wee nosey so hope you dont mind me popping in. In general CP isn;t really a good indicator, during ov it will rise and soften and after ov it will harden again, when you are pg it will rise again and should have a blue tinge but this happens at different times for different women, some before af due some after.

I'm just trying to save you a lot of 'hoaking' about up there as that in itself can affect mucus production etc etc germs etc etc you know what I mean, good luck with the 2ww x
  • Options
    That is great advice thanks Moonbeam, and just what I needed to hear. I think I was about to start obsessing and checking every day. But its good to know that CP is not reliable as an indicator.
  • Options
    I did for ages posy a good few months and it actually varied from one month to the next and although you wah yourhands there would be soap residue n stuff just dont think it would begood for you as if you are anything like me was having a 'check' nearly everyday in order to pinpoint ov and then 'predict'pg LOL Are you keeping a wee eye out for cm as this is good as is the CBFM, best symptom for BFP is no AF.

Although I am in lttc I do have a son and coming up toaf I had no symptoms at all of pg or af hoe this helps andgood luck x
  • Options
    I have no problems pinpointing ov luckily, I'm just too impatient to wait the next 7 days to test and was hoping that CP would give me a clue whats going on in there.

But I'll hang on, thanks for the good luck wishes!!