Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What time do you test?

It says on most tests to do them using First pee of the day but does anyone know why this is? Is it purely because you might not have peed for a while (having been asleep) so hormones will be more concentrated or is it because your hormones increase during the sleep itself?

If it's the first reason then can't you just go without a pee all day then test at night?
I was (until recently) an insomniac so if you are the sort of person who gets very little sleep when should you test?

So many questions sorry! image

Replies

• hi prob best in the morning as hormones stronger.
    fingers crossed for you. my af due fri but hopes she stays away.
    love becsxx
  • Lots of luck to you tooimage

xx
  • I would'nt worry too much hun. If your pregnant and test the day ur af is due or after you should get a poss result no matter what time of the day you test. It helps to use first morning wee as it's more concentrated but if you are preggers you will get a poss eventually. From being on this website I've learnt that it can take some people over a week or longer to get a poss result!! Good luck when you do deside to test, Sarah x x x
  • Don't know when AF is due. Going to wait until latest date I have had lately which is Friday. Not feeling very positive anymore but never mind. Will still test. Thank you Sarah xx
  • it says to do it in the morning or any time of day but not to drink to much in order to go loo...because it will be to concentrated and in the morng the hormone will be stronger....how are ya and good luck babez xxxxx
  • Nearly tested but resisted. Only have to kill half an hour before DH is home and I know I won't test then. Gawd I feel like the most obsessed woman on here. I'm ridiculous image

Thank you for the good luck vibes Sheshe xx
  • yay was that recently? congrats xxx
  • Hi

I tested at about 8pm and got positive result 3 days (maybe 4 not sure now!) after AF was due.

Good luck
    charlie x 16wks
  • i once did a random test not expecting a result, when i was drunk cos my friend didnt want to be alone.....it waslike2 am after clubbin, and erm i was pg and she wasnt......she was relieved i was shocked......lol xxxxxx
  • How random was that SheShe?! lol. xx
  • hi i tested late in the eve 2 days before my period was due and it was positive so if you are pregnant it will be positive no matter what time of the day you test!
  • i know!! very strange LOL stopped drinking after that lol. now my daughters 13 months xxx good luck suga xxxx
  • Hi Ladies
    Hoping you all get BFPs. Just to let you know re time of test etc - i tested on evening af due = neg, tested morning after = neg, tested 5 days later as still no af = neg. I didn't get my pos until i tested again about 10 days after af due (nightmare waiting that long!) I was using well-known tests and only got a feint pos when i did get one??? Just to let you know, if it's any help.
    Good luck, Juliette image
  • Hi,

I tested the day after my af was due first thing in the morning and got a negative, still no af 4 days later so tested again first thing in the morning and got a BFP straight away. It is better to test first thing as your hormone levels will be more concentrated in your wee, its not true to say that if you are pregnant the test will show. You can get false negatives particularly in the early stages of pregnancy when your hormone levels may not be very high. Everyone is different but its better to test in the morning if you can when you are less likely to have drunk much liquid. Good luck!!!

Liz 26w+6
  • Hmmm, just posted a big stroppy hissy fit of a post regarding the BFN I got when I took a test today but reading some of your stories I feel a teeny bit of hope again.

I took it at 11am this morning which wasn't first pee of the day and it may be 2 days before AF would be due but not 100% sure when I am due this month. It was a digital, are they meant to be the most sensitive?

It says that taken 2 days before AF it's 85% accurate but thats with first pee of the day.

Maybe I shouldn't give up all hope just yet? x
  • no dont give up hope, on ebay u can but 5 ultra early tests fir 2 quid inc p&p or like 20 tests and 10 ov sticks for a fiver......u should have a butchers.....good luck babe xxxx