Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Liver function test when ttc??

I have had various different blood tests done because I've only had one AF since coming off the pill in September. Today I phoned the dr for the results of my second lot of tests and the receptionist said that all of the results came back clear (all the hormones, blood sugar levels etc are fine) except for the liver function test. She said that I would need to speak to my doctor about it and she tried to put me through but the dr wasn't in her room. She's left a note for her to call me back but it's been quite a while now and she hasn't called back. The receptionist said that it doesn't say that the results are abnormal but it says that the notes have been retained by the doctor to speak to me and all the others say 'all clear'. So now I'm so worried and have got myself in a state!! I know none of you can really do anything to help me but I just wondered if anyone else had had a liver function test when having tests for ttc??? Nobody explained to me what tests I was having and I thought they were all just hormones etc. :\?
xx

Replies

• aw honey-poor you.

are you just going to keep phoning? I hope you can get through.

• Thanks HomeFairy. I've tried again but she's still not there. I'll keep trying and if need be I can always go to the surgery later and say that I haven't heard back and I'll wait until she can have a chat with me. I just don't want to have to wait until tomorrow worrying! xx
  • Oh i know. Hopefully she will get back to you, even if its once the last patient goes and she calls you quickly.

• Hi,

The only experience I have of LF is in my job to show level of alchogol use. However, I know that is not the only reason people have them done (i'm not saying you have a drink problem!)

I've found when i've had tests and they say the dr wants to speak to me i've worked myself up and there's no problem at all.

Am sure is all fine x x
  • Thanks for your replies. I've spoken to the dr now. She says that I have raised enzyme levels which could mean a million things! She said it's not to do with alcohol consumption - she made a joke when she was trying to cheer me up saying that I don't have to worry about excessive drinking in my student days!!! She said that they need to do another test in a few weeks to see if the levels are still high and if they are they will investigate further. There are a lot of causes, including muscle damage, infection etc and she said I'd have a test to rule out hepatitis (really worried now as hubby and I had one of the hep injections for our honeymoon and didn't have the other - I forget which way round it was) but she said that's standard procedure and she's sure that will be fine as I've had no symptoms at all.
    So now it's just another waiting game and more blood tests in a few weeks - there'll be no blood left in me at this rate, these two will be my 9th and 10th blood samples in a month!!!!!
    xx
  • I know this is an old post, but did you have any solutions to this issue? I'm having a similar issue but it will be almost a year now that they go up and down (Not scary high, just above normal) and they have tested me for everything.