Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

can you help me work this out??!!

hi i've just started ttc and would like some advice to do some maths. I am a teacher and although i know that you can't plan when it get pg i'm trying to work out when would be the IDEAL time. Loads of my teacher friends have managed to work it so that they go off on summer hols when they have about 4 - 6 weeks left until they ahve the baby without using their maternity leave. Sooooo when would be the IDEAL time to conceive to finish work at the end of July still with 4 - 6 weeks left til the baby arrives???:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi!

I'm a teacher too but I decided not to work all that out and hope for the best. It worked out well for me though because I have spend most of my first trimester during my holidays (which was just as well as I have been feeling terrible).

I haven't heard of anyone working it out so that the baby is due at the end of the summer holidays. Most people try to plan and have a Christmas baby so that they are due back at work at the end of term (most people only going back in the last week of term so they get full pay over the 6 weeks).

Depends how long you want to take off too, because that gives you 6 months. If you want to be off before your baby arrives in the holidays then get pregnant in November? Is that right?
  • Options
    thanks for reply - i didn't think about going back just before the summer hols. i know you can;t plan these things- we're trying now and i'll be delighted when it happens - whenever that is!
    ps - is it just me or are you really bored - these hols seem to be REALLY dragging - i've even rearranged my bookshelves today!!!!
  • Options
    I'm in Scotland so I go back next Wednesday. I'm so ready to go back! been in school to get organised already. I won't feel like this next year coz I'll have a little baby in my arms. Suppose I best enjoy it while it lasts.
  • Options
    So you want to give birth in Aug/Sept? You would have to conceive in Nov. So once you get af in oct try to find out when you ov and ttc then. since there is no guarantee and chances every month are only about 20%, you can start a little earlier like sept. I hope it works out for you.