Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Missing AF?

I came off the pill in September and had my normal withdrawal bleed, and then 6 weeks later I had my first period. It was normal - 6 days or so. I used ovulation tests, and didn't get any posistives when I thought I should have, although over a couple of days I got a slight 2nd line (usually I just get the one line). The second line was faint, and according to the discription on the box, it did not mean I was ovulating. I got this for about 2 days, and then I went back to one line. I also got EWCM over those days, so it lead me to beleive I was ovulating. My first period arrived after 6 weeks, so I thought my second period should arrive 6 weeks later - which was yesterday. I had really bad period style pains nearly 2 weeks ago - cramps, backache and sore boobs, but no period. Last week I had sore nipples. I have tested and BFN. I tested Boxing day and yesterday. I keep getting random sharp pains in what feels like my left ovary when I stand up - these are really painful but only last a second or so, but cause me to bend over in pain. Other than that I have no symptoms.

I don't know if I should keep testing, wait a while, go to the docs? Could it be that my cycle is just still to settle into a routine? Could I be pregnant and just not know it?

Replies

• you could possibly be preg but it's a shy bean. I only ever get faint lines on my ov tests as well but I count them as positive as they fit in with my other symptoms (I also think that on some tests there just isn't enough dye in them or they aren't sensitive enough)
    I know it's easier said than done but the only thing you can really do is wait and if AF still hasn't shown up test again.
    When did you get the faint lines? xx
  • I got the faint lines around about Dec 5th. Which means that I should have had a period already I think? I'm so confused.
  • Yea, you would have been due on the 19th in that case (going on a 14day LP) It sounds like your cycle is just irregular at the minute because you're not long off the pill, the only thing you can really do is wait hun, sorry that doesn't help much. It's awful being stuck in limbo, really hope AF arrives soon (or even better, BFP!!)

Good luck xx
  • Well i'm still waiting on something to arrive....AF or a BFP! I get little twangs in my tummy, and I have been feeling a little 'wet' and have had a little ewcm and i'm also a little 'sore'. No idea what my body is up to. Has anyone any experience of coming off the pill, having a withdrawal period, having a normal period 4/6 weeks later and then not having anoth period for 7 or 8 weeks?
  • Yes, me!! I came off the pill and had withdrawal bleed, then had 1st proper AF exactly 6 weeks later and now I'm still waiting for my second AF 11 weeks later!! Have done lots of pregnancy tests and all BFN! I've been to the dr once but as nothing's changed I've got another appointment on Thursday - hoping she'll say I can have some blood tests to find out what's going on.
    I hope things sort themselves out soon - trust me, I know how frustrating it is!!! xx